Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > South African Airways | Voyager
Reload this Page >

SAA Voyager Customer Service TERRIBLE (they stole my 20,000 Hilton Honors Points!)

SAA Voyager Customer Service TERRIBLE (they stole my 20,000 Hilton Honors Points!)

Old Apr 17, 18, 12:39 am
Original Poster

On 15 January 2018 I converted the balance of my Hilton Honors Points (20,000) into SAA Voyager miles, using the Hilton Honors website. This should have bought me 3,000 SAA Voyager Miles. This exchange was initiated on 15-Jan-2018, with certificate number 146584625. The transfer can take 30 business days to process, although South African Airways extracted these miles on 01-25-2018. However, South African Airways never credited any miles to my SAA Voyager account.

To try and resolve this issue I spent the next THREE MONTHS sending Tweets and DMs to @flySAA_care and @flySAA, as well as emailing Voyager Service Recovery ([email protected]) and Voyager Customer Service ([email protected]). To say that SAA's customer service is hopeless is an understatement: on the rare occasion where I got a non-automated response, I was frequently told "Please note that you unable to transfer Hilton honors miles to voyager miles."(!)

After a lot of messages to Hilton Honors, on 16 April 2018 Hilton finally agreed to refund the 20,000 Hilton Honors Points which SAA Voyager had stolen from me. Unbelievable.

Search this Thread