Bag Charges - SA Express

Old Feb 11, 18, 5:37 am
formerly Christopher Sutton
Original Poster

Bag Charges - SA Express

Hi all,
We’re looking to buy 6 seats from CPT to HDS next Jan for our safari visit. We will have 1.5 bags each where each bag will be over 20kg. Is it pretty straight forward to arrange an extra bag per couple and increase luggage weight please? Easily done on Ba.com for Comair but can’t see anything similar on the SAA/Express website.
Thanks in advance.
Chris
Old Feb 12, 18, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Emirates Skywards Plat , SAA Voyager Silver.
Originally Posted by SurreyFlightPath View Post
Hi all,
We’re looking to buy 6 seats from CPT to HDS next Jan for our safari visit. We will have 1.5 bags each where each bag will be over 20kg. Is it pretty straight forward to arrange an extra bag per couple and increase luggage weight please? Easily done on Ba.com for Comair but can’t see anything similar on the SAA/Express website.
Thanks in advance.
Chris
If memory services me right, should be pretty easy to arrange extra baggage as I'm sure on the MMB section i have seen the area to purchase extra bags. I no longer fly SAA or need to fly an Airlink or Express service so maybe call to double check. Make sure to use the Slow Lounge within Cape Town with any respective OW lounge access right through your BAEC status, a unknown perk !
Old Feb 14, 18, 11:26 pm

Good Day

At the airport we sell excess baggage at R30,00 per KG for SAX domestic flights. You also get additional baggage allowance according to your loyalty status with SAA.

Hope you have a great flight!
Old Mar 18, 18, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Hi, thanks for confirming. :-) Is this the same charge for an extra bag too? Each couple will have an additional bag between them as well as their included checked bag being possibly slightly over 23kg.

Is it not cheaper online or by calling ahead?

Thanks, Chris
Old Mar 18, 18, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flame3601 View Post
If memory services me right, should be pretty easy to arrange extra baggage as I'm sure on the MMB section i have seen the area to purchase extra bags. I no longer fly SAA or need to fly an Airlink or Express service so maybe call to double check. Make sure to use the Slow Lounge within Cape Town with any respective OW lounge access right through your BAEC status, a unknown perk !
Hi,
Unfortunately in SAA MMB it says that my booking is unable to add additional luggage! Am hoping this is because I booked via an agent and not with SAA direct.

Chris
Old Mar 30, 18, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Virgin Silver; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Avis president's
As far as I can recall, Express has a weight concept, and will simply charge by weight for excess. If the flight is not full, the ground staff have discretion to waive the charges, which they did for me and Mrs U on our last flight with them (Feb, to RCB).
Old Apr 28, 18, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SurreyFlightPath View Post
We’re looking to buy 6 seats from CPT to HDS next Jan for our safari visit
Better cross your fingers and hope SAX is still around by then!

SA Express schedules in shambles

Johan

Search this Thread