Cost of redeeming miles on Airlink?

Old Sep 2, 17, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold
Cost of redeeming miles on Airlink?

I currently do not have a SAA FF account, but have Amex miles i can transfer in...

I have noticed that Airline FF is the same as SAA and St Helena route has just been announced by Airlink.

Does anyone know roughly how many miles it would cost or if it possible to redeem miles for this route?

(sorry in know it's early).

Thanks in advace..
Old Sep 3, 17, 7:51 am

Programs: BA BD SA
The mileage chart has not been amended to include St Helena yet.

However, the Airlink redemption chart for travel between South Africa and Africa 1 shows one-way awards at
18 750 (MileageKeeper) and
64 800 (K-Keeper)

The longest flight in this region is JNB-TNR - but JNB-HLE is almost 1000 miles longer, so it is possible that they will create a new "region" for it, but I have no information about that.
Old Sep 3, 17, 7:59 am

BTW I can't find any paid seats on flights to HLE, let alone redemptions. All classes are zeroed out on the flights I've looked at.
Old Sep 12, 17, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by cundall View Post
I currently do not have a SAA FF account, but have Amex miles i can transfer in...

I have noticed that Airline FF is the same as SAA and St Helena route has just been announced by Airlink.

Does anyone know roughly how many miles it would cost or if it possible to redeem miles for this route?

(sorry in know it's early).

Thanks in advace..
How will you transfer Amex reward points into an SAA Voyager account?
Old Oct 3, 17, 4:23 am

For those who do have Voyager miles, the mileage chart for Airlink has been updated and now includes St Helena. There are no MileageKeeper rewards and the AnyDay one way award will cost you an eye-watering 96,500 miles!
Old Oct 7, 17, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA View Post
For those who do have Voyager miles, the mileage chart for Airlink has been updated and now includes St Helena. There are no MileageKeeper rewards and the AnyDay one way award will cost you an eye-watering 96,500 miles!
Wow, that would take me many trips JNB-SZK to build those miles up..
Cheetah_SA likes this.

Search this Thread