Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > South African Airways | Voyager
Reload this Page >

SAA suspends all Saturday flights between SA and Zimbabwe

Old Aug 19, 2017, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Source

Zim and SAA are busy grounding each other's aircraft, ostensibly due to a lack of Foreign Operators Permits. The FOP is mandatory, yet most airlines in southern Africa operate without one, for some reason.

For the respective aviation authorities' sudden interest in FOPs, stranded pax can thank Grace Mugabe.

Johan
Old Aug 24, 2017, 6:56 pm

We got caught up in that. BA bussed their pax to Livingstone, while SAA pretended that we were going to take off, only to cancel the flight late enough that we had to scramble to avoid being no-shows at our ongoing (not connecting, on a different ticket) flights from JNB. I'm sorting out the insurance now.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, LH/SN/LX Senator
Originally Posted by critterchick
We got caught up in that. BA bussed their pax to Livingstone, while SAA pretended that we were going to take off, only to cancel the flight late enough that we had to scramble to avoid being no-shows at our ongoing (not connecting, on a different ticket) flights from JNB. I'm sorting out the insurance now.
SAA operate an A330-200 to VFA. The aircraft cannot operate to LVI so they didn't have the option to bus passengers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.