FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   South African Airways | Voyager (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-african-airways-voyager-752/)
-   -   Problem with SAA booking super saver fare on SAA website. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-african-airways-voyager/1860951-problem-saa-booking-super-saver-fare-saa-website.html)

Burgh85 Aug 14, 2017 11:41 am

Problem with SAA booking super saver fare on SAA website.

I'm booking a domestic flight from Johannesburg to Cape Town. When searching via Google Travel, I can get to the booking page with the "super saver" fare, but once I go to pay I get an error message. The error message simply states there is a server error. I'm guessing this is because that fair is inly for SA citizens, as no other sight let's me access that fair. That fare is half as much as the next fair level. Any tips on how to book that fare if I am not in SA. I am booking from the US.

Ditto Aug 14, 2017 1:45 pm

What error message do you get? A screenshot and the details of the flight you're trying to book would help here.

Also, there is a specific SAA forum which is probably better suited for this question ^

Ocn Vw 1K Aug 14, 2017 2:33 pm

Please follow the thread as it moves to the dedicated forum on South African Airways, with a more specific thread title to help our members. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.

Burgh85 Aug 14, 2017 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K (Post 28689622)
Please follow the thread as it moves to the dedicated forum on South African Airways, with a more specific thread title to help our members. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.

thank you

jsnydcsa Aug 15, 2017 1:09 pm

Without a photo/screenshot, it's very difficult to diagnose the problem. That said, SAA's site is notoriously difficult to work with - often requiring numerous attempts and using another browser (e.g., I often have to use Safari rather than my fairly locked-down Firefox).

You say you're booking from the US. Call the SAA call centre in the USA +1 800 722 9675 They're usually pretty helpful. If you have the screen up with the fare and details, they might be able to help you book or continue the booking.

FlySAAUSA Aug 15, 2017 3:13 pm

Hi Burgh85,

Thank you for choosing South African Airways.

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues while trying to complete your reservation on www.flysaa.com. If you're still in need of assistance, you may contact our Customer Call Center at 1 (800) 722-9675, or send and email, incl. details of the itinerary you're attempting to book, along with a screenshot of the error, to [email protected].

We apologize for any inconvenience you've encountered.

Sincerely,

South African Airways - North America.

Originally Posted by Burgh85 (Post 28688778)
I'm booking a domestic flight from Johannesburg to Cape Town. When searching via Google Travel, I can get to the booking page with the "super saver" fare, but once I go to pay I get an error message. The error message simply states there is a server error. I'm guessing this is because that fair is inly for SA citizens, as no other sight let's me access that fair. That fare is half as much as the next fair level. Any tips on how to book that fare if I am not in SA. I am booking from the US.

Matt777 Nov 9, 2017 6:23 am

I'm having the same issue. Were you able to resolve this?

DBCme Jul 1, 2018 9:57 am

Sent an email, says they will get back to me within 7 working days.
By then I will have completed my trip..... on Ethiopian. SAA is quickly becoming my least favorite airline for regional business travel.