Cannot select seats

Old Jun 18, 17, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Cannot select seats

We are flying on SAA Airlink (JNB-HDS and HDS-CPT) in about a month. I cannot select seats or even bring up the seat map on the flysaa web site. I booked into a flexible fare so I would be able to select seats.

Is this a web site issue or do I need to call SAA?
Old Jun 19, 17, 11:24 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
I have had a different but equally puzzling experience. We have three internal flights with Airlink, booked by our TA, for October. I went in to 'manage my booking' to see if I could select seats, got the seat map, chose the seats, but no payment demand came up (sure we are not on a flexible fare, so expected to have to pay). Went in today to have another look. Our seats are allocated to us, still no payment asked for. With us, I imagine we'll only be allowed to choose our seats 24 hours in advance and that what I'm seeing is a web site error.
Old Jun 19, 17, 11:48 am
Original Poster

I called the SAA US reservations line today and was issued seats without a problem. I asked about the online seat assignment and was told it is not working and is a known issue.
Old Jul 29, 17, 10:44 am
Original Poster

An update. I downloaded the checkmytrip app for my tablet and was able to do everything. Seat assignment, add our UA Mileage Plus numbers, check in, etc.
​​​​​​​
Old Aug 5, 17, 4:21 pm

Did you book this ticket through SAA?
Old Aug 5, 17, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mmthomps View Post
Did you book this ticket through SAA?
Yes, through the SAA USA site.

I tried checkmytrip when I ran into issues checking in on the SAA South Africa site and noticed the URL was not a SAA site but was actually an Amadeus URL.

I downloaded checkmytrip to my tablet and everything was perfect.

Search this Thread