FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   South African Airways | Voyager (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-african-airways-voyager-752/)
-   -   SIN-South Africa-SIN (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-african-airways-voyager/1821783-sin-south-africa-sin.html)

HanoiIG Feb 13, 2017 7:13 am

SIN-South Africa-SIN

We are going on a private tour in October beginning CPT and ending JNB. For reasons known only to myself, I booked QR Business JFK-SIN-JFK via DOH with layover each way.

We like Singapore and have spent a ton of time there so wouldn't mind but we have 3-4 days on either end so were thinking of finding flights(preferably award) in between.

MLE and MRU pop into my head but they seem "undoable" as you can get from Singapore to Maldives but then not easily to South Africa. Not sure about Mauritius.

Will Expert Flyer help me on this? I have the cheapo paid option but could upgrade to the full service.

Ditto Feb 13, 2017 12:59 pm

I'm a bit lost at what you are looking for and what would EF help you achieve in that regards.
You say you are looking to fly SIN-SA, but then you mix in DOH, MLE & MRU.

Also you are saying you prefer an award, yet you are a member of Kris Flyer and posted this in the SAA forum?

So what is it you are looking for in this post? Maybe if we understand you better we can help you better.

HanoiIG Feb 13, 2017 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Ditto (Post 27903962)
I'm a bit lost at what you are looking for and what would EF help you achieve in that regards.
You say you are looking to fly SIN-SA, but then you mix in DOH, MLE & MRU.

Also you are saying you prefer an award, yet you are a member of Kris Flyer and posted this in the SAA forum?

So what is it you are looking for in this post? Maybe if we understand you better we can help you better.

I said I am looking for something BETWEEN SIN and South Africa. I didn't mix in DOH, just mentioned it as I already have JFK-SIN-JFH via DOH so I have to get to and from SA hopefully with somewhere in between, of which MRU and MLE look to be possibilities.

I posted on SAA because they are Star Alliance like SQ so I could use KrisFlyer miles. I already know SQ can't go SIN-SA with anything in between.

Ditto Feb 13, 2017 3:12 pm

So you are looking to fly SIN-XXX-CPT/JNB-XXX-SIN and asking for recommendations for XXX?
Sorry, but your original post hardly implies that, it is very vague about what you are looking for.

I don't see how EF helps you here, nor how this is related to the SAA forum really, the only "in between" place you can go with SAA is HKG, which is not really in between.

I think you are better off starting this SA excursion out of DOH, fly to JNB and form there book a r/t JNB-XXX-CPT to some African destination.

HanoiIG Feb 13, 2017 4:34 pm

Ok. I think I was clear. I already have the JFK-SIN-JFK on QR. I thought SAA might have something in between SIN ans SA. If I knew they didn't I wouldn't have asked. So the answer is forget it. No problem. Wish we could delete our own posts.

Guvner067 Feb 13, 2017 4:36 pm

..deleted..