Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When to book Kruger flights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2017, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

When to book Kruger flights

Hello! I need to book flights JNB-HDS and then HDS to CPT and it looks like the flights for my dates have just been released (Dec. 24 and Dec. 28). I am just wondering if these SAA flights tend to have variable pricing and saver economy availability as time goes on, or is it usually better to book these flights as soon as possible? At the moment there is no saver economy available. We are traveling during peak holiday season so I don't want to wait too long as there are limited direct flight options, but I don't know if it's crazy to book 11 months ahead. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you in advance!
Old Feb 2, 2017, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

JNB-HDS is a rip-off monopoly route, good luck getting anything even resembling a halfway decent fare, especially in the high season.

At least 95% on the pax to HDS are overseas tourists visiting private game lodges, fares are set accordingly.

Johan
Old Feb 3, 2017, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And consider that a rental car and the cost of driving a few hours from JNB might be a lot less.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 4:33 am

Programs: Various
I booked to HDS last year and never saw any reasonable prices unless one thinks almost 6,000 ZAR is reasonable for that trip. I definitely don't but since rental car was not an option I had to pay. That wasn't even in high season.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 4:38 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Fredrik74
I booked to HDS last year and never saw any reasonable prices unless one thinks almost 6,000 ZAR is reasonable for that trip. I definitely don't but since rental car was not an option I had to pay. That wasn't even in high season.
Searching a random date found 4350 ZAR
Old Feb 9, 2017, 4:41 am

Programs: Various
Then I had terrible dates because I never saw anything cheaper. 4350 is still not that cheap.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Im afraid it is fly or drive , nothing to get around that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.