FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   South African Airways | Voyager (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-african-airways-voyager-752/)
-   -   New SAA A330-300 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-african-airways-voyager/1807745-new-saa-a330-300-a.html)

cooleddie Dec 9, 2016 4:49 am

New SAA A330-300

3 Attachment(s)
So SAA recently took delivery of the first of 5 new A330-300s that got leased. The first is ZS-SXI. I found some pics on the net. Anyone with more pics?

cur Dec 13, 2016 3:39 am

all i have is this ad in the sunday argus, looks nice and about time. now i have one (1) reason to fly jnb-fra on their 333 up front.

i'm worried how mediocre y will become though.

http://i65.tinypic.com/10gguuo.jpg

apkohn Dec 18, 2016 4:33 am

SN-SXI

Equip changed (luckily) on flight from JNB to CPT this morning. Y is awesome. Huge upgrade with bigger screens and USB ports. New seats mean they still have some padding. Lots of ?'s about range for these planes. Hopefully the rest of the fleet catches up in the next few years. I just flew an A332 from IAD to JNB in the old biz class, which is fine, but would love the all aisle access and privacy of the new Vantage XL seats.

apkohn Dec 18, 2016 4:35 am

PS

The bulkheads are great. Wish I had a better photo of them but lots of footstorage room.

apkohn Dec 18, 2016 7:32 am

Pics

4 Attachment(s)
sorry - here are my photos

DBCme Dec 18, 2016 8:23 am

Have seen SAA advertising on billboards and such around JNB, but nothing talking about new birds or new business class. A shame too, THIS is something SAA has going for it and could capitalize on

purch Dec 26, 2016 7:35 am

Looks great! I like the current seat for the amount of space it gives, but I think the direct aisle access of these actually trumps that.

Does anyone know if these seats will be limited to the newly leased aircraft, or will there be a retrofit of the existing aircraft. I guess some of those seats must be pushing 15 years or so already?

jsnydcsa Dec 27, 2016 2:49 pm

In the last photo posted by apkohn (posted Dec 18, 16, 9:32 am) in the last photo, it appears there's some sort of seat belt clip at the top of the seat, by the headrest. Is that what it is? What would it be for?

Adam1222 Dec 27, 2016 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by jsnydcsa (Post 27668456)
In the last photo posted by apkohn (posted Dec 18, 16, 9:32 am) in the last photo, it appears there's some sort of seat belt clip at the top of the seat, by the headrest. Is that what it is? What would it be for?

On the Swiss Thompson XL business seat, that is where the three point seat belt comes down.
Does anyone have any idea which of the outside seats are closer to the windows vs. the aisle? Currently scheduled to fly one of these JNB-GRU in March.

SAWorldVoyager Dec 30, 2016 3:29 am

Originally Posted by jsnydcsa (Post 27668456)

Air Asia have these on A380 in J, they insist that for take-off and landing that the 3rd point is buckled. I found it uncomfortable. Interestingly on my return, I flew Air Asia A380 in F sans these buckles, it appears the lives of a J pax are worth more?

flybit Dec 31, 2016 7:47 am

can anyone update where they plane will be flying in Jan 9? hehehe hopefully JNB-LHR :)

Cheetah_SA Dec 31, 2016 8:15 am

Originally Posted by flybit (Post 27684348)
can anyone update where they plane will be flying in Jan 9? hehehe hopefully JNB-LHR :)

No, not on either flight, judging from the seat maps.

johan rebel Dec 31, 2016 11:31 am

Originally Posted by SAWorldVoyager (Post 27679791)
Air Asia have these on A380 in J, they insist that for take-off and landing that the 3rd point is buckled. I found it uncomfortable. Interestingly on my return, I flew Air Asia A380 in F sans these buckles, it appears the lives of a J pax are worth more?

UA has them in Global First on some aircraft, so they must think their F pax are worth more.

They are uncomfortable, just unbuckle as soon as the cabin check has been completed.

Johan

Guvner067 Jan 1, 2017 9:40 pm

Qantas have them on A330's as well

PTY1K Jan 6, 2017 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by flybit (Post 27684348)

My JNB-GRU on Jan 9 was recently changed to this plane.