Interline bags Lufthansa

Old Jun 4, 16, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Interline bags Lufthansa

Hey

I am booking an award ticket using united miles that goes CPT - JNB on South African with a 2 hour connection to a Lufthansa flight to FRA. My question is can I check my bags through in CPT?

If not is 2 hours enough to make this change?
Old Jun 4, 16, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, LH/SN/LX Senator
If it's the same ticket then it'll be no problem. Even if you can't then two hours should be more than enough.
Old Jun 6, 16, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Emirates Skywards Plat , SAA Voyager Silver.
You will be unable to interline the bags if doing the same route in the other direction (FRA->JNB->CPT)as you need to pass through customs in JNB if arriving from a international destination. You will be able to quickly re check in your bags at a designated SAA counter immediately after you clear customs instead of trying to reach the Domestic Check in section upstairs.
Old Jun 14, 16, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Flame3601 View Post
You will be unable to interline the bags if doing the same route in the other direction (FRA->JNB->CPT)as you need to pass through customs in JNB if arriving from a international destination. You will be able to quickly re check in your bags at a designated SAA counter immediately after you clear customs instead of trying to reach the Domestic Check in section upstairs.
On more than one occasion however I have found this counter swamped with a long queue and found it quicker to toddle upstairs to the domestic check-in counters and check in.
Old Jun 14, 16, 10:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Hey, I have a similar question. I just booked an award ticket from JNB-FRA on Lufthansa. I will have to buy a separate ticket from Nampula, Mozambique to JNB.

Will the agents in mozambique interline my bag to my final destination, and if not, what is the procedure to re-check the bag in Johannesburg (I may not have a boarding pass). Do I have to go out to the international check in counters or is there a quicker way to get my boarding pass and re-check the bag? I will have 2 hours and twenty minutes to make the connection, I hope that's enough.

Search this Thread