SAA 2015 Annual Report Delayed - Again

Old Apr 7, 16, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

SAA 2015 Annual Report Delayed - Again

"The tabling of SAA’s outstanding 2015 financials and annual report has been delayed yet again by another month.

Last month, National Treasury requested an extension until March 14. The Minister has since requested another extension for the tabling of the Annual Financial Statements to April 30.
"

Full story here.

Johan
Old Apr 12, 16, 1:02 pm

The financials will be tabled "just now"

If I understand the article, they can't issue the financials, which likely show they're bankrupt until they get the loan guarantee from the government (sorry, the "sovereign"). And, the sovereign won't give them the guarantee until after careful consideration of ... oh ... I don't know the flipping financials.

Somewhere a village is missing a whole lot of idiots.
Old Apr 14, 16, 1:44 am
cur

Programs: fwp diamond, dykwia elite
Originally Posted by jsnydcsa View Post
The financials will be tabled "just now"
not nownow?
Old Apr 14, 16, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by cur View Post
not nownow?
I've never had anything happen in SA nownow. Despite my doing something nownow, it's not in SA's nature.

I saw a tweet - without a link - by SABC's parliamentary reporter that the was some thought to combining SAA, Express and Mango into one entity or some such thing. But, I got distracted and didn't have time to follow up. Perhaps its still floating around there. All I know is I will not fly on LCC metal. Granted it was Kulula (BA) from DUR to CPT but I got shoehorned into one of their seats once and vowed never again. Plus, b/c it was on a separate PNR from my over the ocean ticket, I got jammed up on all sorts of luggage fees (long story). Never. Again.
Old Apr 15, 16, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

was some thought to combining SAA, Express and Mango into one entity or some such thing.
"The government is exploring the possibility of a merger between SA Airways, SA Express and Mango airlines, with a decision to be made shortly, Deputy Minister of Public Enterprises Bulelani Magwanishe has told parliament."

Source.

Johan
Old Apr 15, 16, 3:44 am
cur

Programs: fwp diamond, dykwia elite
I've never had anything happen in SA nownow. Despite my doing something nownow, it's not in SA's nature.

I saw a tweet - without a link - by SABC's parliamentary reporter that the was some thought to combining SAA, Express and Mango into one entity or some such thing. But, I got distracted and didn't have time to follow up. Perhaps its still floating around there. All I know is I will not fly on LCC metal. Granted it was Kulula (BA) from DUR to CPT but I got shoehorned into one of their seats once and vowed never again. Plus, b/c it was on a separate PNR from my over the ocean ticket, I got jammed up on all sorts of luggage fees (long story). Never. Again.
it's amazing how firewalled the 3 units are, at the point where as a non rev with an agreement on saa, you couldn't fly on express or mango. and express gives you free bag wrapping at tambo but mainline wouldn't (or toher way around?) and of course that bag wrapping contract had a fee built into the fare and that contract went to a politically connected company

Search this Thread