Advance Seat Selection on UA award?

Old Feb 9, 20, 5:43 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 225
The Egyptair trick above still works. Pull up your reservation there and then you can change seats.
iexaltu is offline  
Old Feb 14, 20, 3:40 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: YVR to SEA
Posts: 2,373
Originally Posted by iexaltu View Post
The Egyptair trick above still works. Pull up your reservation there and then you can change seats.
I must be blind because I can't find the button to change seats after pulling up my res on Egyptair
crimsona is offline  
Old Feb 15, 20, 6:31 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 225
Originally Posted by crimsona View Post
I must be blind because I can't find the button to change seats after pulling up my res on Egyptair
Makes sense. It certainly isn't that intuitive. When you pull up the reservation, update your information right under trip details. I believe your email address and phone number may be needed in order to make changes. Once you update that and save for all future visits, scroll down in your reservation to where you see "Services". Click on the button at the bottom that says additional services. Then click on seats and the the rest should be pretty straight forward. Let me know if you have more questions.
iexaltu is offline  
Old Feb 15, 20, 8:10 pm
  #19  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Programs: AC S100K
Posts: 298
Originally Posted by iexaltu View Post
Makes sense. It certainly isn't that intuitive. When you pull up the reservation, update your information right under trip details. I believe your email address and phone number may be needed in order to make changes. Once you update that and save for all future visits, scroll down in your reservation to where you see "Services". Click on the button at the bottom that says additional services. Then click on seats and the the rest should be pretty straight forward. Let me know if you have more questions.
What reservations can be changed in this way? Said otherwise, what is this trick useful for?
TheCanuckian is online now  
Old Feb 18, 20, 8:30 pm
  #20  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 225
Originally Posted by TheCanuckian View Post
What reservations can be changed in this way? Said otherwise, what is this trick useful for?
Useful for selecting seats on South African Airlines awards booked through UA or other partners. SAA will not book seats even if you call them
iexaltu is offline  
Old Feb 18, 20, 9:43 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: YVR to SEA
Posts: 2,373
Originally Posted by iexaltu View Post
Makes sense. It certainly isn't that intuitive. When you pull up the reservation, update your information right under trip details. I believe your email address and phone number may be needed in order to make changes. Once you update that and save for all future visits, scroll down in your reservation to where you see "Services". Click on the button at the bottom that says additional services. Then click on seats and the the rest should be pretty straight forward. Let me know if you have more questions.
I got stuck at the additional services step (even after updating email and phone numbers, I don't see that button)

Could it be related to having a complex 10 segment itinerary?
crimsona is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: