FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   South African Airways | Voyager (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-african-airways-voyager-752/)
-   -   Advance Seat Selection on UA award? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-african-airways-voyager/1758109-advance-seat-selection-ua-award.html)

iexaltu Feb 9, 2020 4:43 pm

The Egyptair trick above still works. Pull up your reservation there and then you can change seats.

crimsona Feb 14, 2020 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by iexaltu (Post 32052781)
The Egyptair trick above still works. Pull up your reservation there and then you can change seats.

I must be blind because I can't find the button to change seats after pulling up my res on Egyptair

iexaltu Feb 15, 2020 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by crimsona (Post 32073083)
I must be blind because I can't find the button to change seats after pulling up my res on Egyptair

Makes sense. It certainly isn't that intuitive. When you pull up the reservation, update your information right under trip details. I believe your email address and phone number may be needed in order to make changes. Once you update that and save for all future visits, scroll down in your reservation to where you see "Services". Click on the button at the bottom that says additional services. Then click on seats and the the rest should be pretty straight forward. Let me know if you have more questions.

TheCanuckian Feb 15, 2020 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by iexaltu (Post 32076503)
Makes sense. It certainly isn't that intuitive. When you pull up the reservation, update your information right under trip details. I believe your email address and phone number may be needed in order to make changes. Once you update that and save for all future visits, scroll down in your reservation to where you see "Services". Click on the button at the bottom that says additional services. Then click on seats and the the rest should be pretty straight forward. Let me know if you have more questions.

What reservations can be changed in this way? Said otherwise, what is this trick useful for?

iexaltu Feb 18, 2020 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by TheCanuckian (Post 32076706)
What reservations can be changed in this way? Said otherwise, what is this trick useful for?

Useful for selecting seats on South African Airlines awards booked through UA or other partners. SAA will not book seats even if you call them

crimsona Feb 18, 2020 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by iexaltu (Post 32076503)

I got stuck at the additional services step (even after updating email and phone numbers, I don't see that button)

Could it be related to having a complex 10 segment itinerary?

iexaltu Feb 25, 2020 4:31 am

Is it all on South African?