Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > South African Airways | Voyager
Reload this Page >

New check-in times for domestic SAA flights from Johannesburg

Old Feb 24, 2016, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

"South African Airways (SAA) has announced that flights on domestic routes from Johannesburg will be closing check-in gates 10 minutes earlier than usual, come 1 April 2016.

Previously SAA closed all domestic flights for check-in 30 minutes before boarding, but this has now been changed to 40 minutes before departure for all SAA’s domestic flights on departures only from Johannesburg to Durban, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth and East London
."

Source

Johan
Old Feb 24, 2016, 12:49 pm

Two thoughts:

1) As someone who frequently forgets that even the Wright Bros didn't take off early, I don't have a problem with this. I can think of only one occasion - not in SA - that I had to run for a flight (a connection in JFK). My friends and family are always at me b/c I like to be at the airport early.

2) Will this change international to domestic connection times?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, LH/SN/LX Senator
Originally Posted by jsnydcsa
Will this change international to domestic connection times?
It shouldn't for interline/codeshare connections since you would check-in for the connection at the start of the first leg.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.