Search

"Instant upgrade" fares

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2015, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
"Instant upgrade" fares

Hey there

Can someone explain what is an "instant upgrade" fare? Looking JNB-CPT. Does it mean you get booked into business class - guaranteed?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:32 pm

Programs: QRPC Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHg Diamond Amb, Sixt Diamond, Avis Pres, AmexCenturion
Originally Posted by cooleddie
Hey there

Can someone explain what is an "instant upgrade" fare? Looking JNB-CPT. Does it mean you get booked into business class - guaranteed?
yup, as easy as that
Old Dec 18, 2015, 3:33 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by SAWorldVoyager
yup, as easy as that
I see what you did there!
Old Jan 9, 2016, 12:57 pm

Programs: LH M&M
I went to check this out as I was mildly interested. It seems when you search for Y, they give you the option for "Instant Upgrade", but when you search for J, the cheapest J is the same fare as the Instant Upgrade (YUP2D).

Does anybody know if the fare code changes to a business fare code once booked?

My initial feeling - I guess the instant upgrade is probably just a way of allowing flyers whose corporate policy allows only Y, to actually fly in J. But it pays to make sure you know what fare code you get when you search for "Business Class". I don't think you get the 25% premium bonus on SAA anymore but for other programs there might be a difference between Y and C/Z/D

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.