Seat Assignment on SAA

Old Dec 14, 15, 7:24 am

i followed up with a request for just aisle seats and got this within 3 working days:

Kindly be advised that you need to consult with the call centre on +27 (0)11 978 1111 for assistance with preselecting the seats hence there will be some charges occurred and we are unable to take payment via email due to security reasons or you may request the seats within 24 hours of travel to avoid excess charges however it is not guaranteed you will get the seats you wish to sit on hence they are subject to availability.
therefore, i'd assume if you're booked in y and not booked via saa, even if you're *g you do not get seat assignment without $$$.

bummer.

however by za standards i am impressed with the direct email to service recovery and the complaints dept.
Old Jan 12, 16, 6:54 am

Programs: SAA Silver, United, BA
Originally Posted by phbl View Post
Call center told me a few weeks ago that selecting seats on intl itinerary (booked with united) will result in $$$. knowing south africa this is probably the rule.
I booked JNB/ GRU on a discounted fare earlier last year and was able to reserve seats online. However since then a charge was introduced for booking seats on non flexible fares. SAA change one of my flight and changed the time on the other flight and I am then advised by reservations that I now have to pay to reserve seats on the changed flights. This must be in breach of the Consumer Protection Act.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: