Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAA JNB Arrivals lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2011, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: QRPC Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHg Diamond Amb, Sixt Diamond, Avis Pres, AmexCenturion
Originally Posted by SAA340
Will be arriving on SAA metal from FRA and was wonderng whether somone had some photos of the lounge?
And, how come it is not mentioned on www.flysaa.com that they do in fact have an arrivals lounge? Weird. Then again, they donīt even advertise their premium product, sp why should they advertise their arrivals lounge? ;-)
I never take pics, you look like you not used to anything in life. Unless its really bad and then I use the pics to start a viral campaign.

The lounge exists I can assure you, despite it being absent from the site. When I arrived from FRA last month it was wide open at that time.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 3:07 pm

Does anyone know what the access restrictions are like? Would Swiss First Class tickets be enough to get in or is it SAA tickets only?
Old Mar 26, 2011, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QRPC Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHg Diamond Amb, Sixt Diamond, Avis Pres, AmexCenturion
Originally Posted by MarioRossi
Does anyone know what the access restrictions are like? Would Swiss First Class tickets be enough to get in or is it SAA tickets only?
SAA Only
Old May 9, 2011, 4:49 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by SAWorldVoyager
I never take pics, you look like you not used to anything in life.
I, on the other hand, do not care what anyone thinks of my level of sophistication and do take pictures - when I remember. So I have a few, blurry (hey, I am discreet enough to avoid using a flash!) to share if anyone is interested.

The lounge is small (no more than half a dozen small tables/seating areas and it has a limited food/beverage selection. As I wasn't hungry I didn't think to ask if they produce anything like hot food or snacks round the back when someone popped out and asked if she could assist me with anything. There is a business center (more a nook, really) with 2 computers. The best feature is the really nice shower rooms and toilets.

Sadly the coffee was not good. But neither was the cup I got in the domestic lounge - I think they've changed the brand or the roast!
rhwbullhead likes this.
Old May 9, 2011, 6:56 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
The best feature is the really nice shower rooms and toilets.
Totally agree ^^^
Old May 9, 2011, 12:33 pm

Programs: QR Silver
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
I, on the other hand, do not care what anyone thinks of my level of sophistication and do take pictures - when I remember. So I have a few, blurry (hey, I am discreet enough to avoid using a flash!) to share if anyone is interested.
Iīm quite interested in seeing those pics. Will arrive in the beginning of June, so keen to know what to expect.
This is a bit OT, but Iīm travelling onwards to PE on 1Time, and will be checking out the Premier Club Domestic Lounge afterwards, does anyone have any info about that lounge?
Old May 11, 2011, 1:06 am

Programs: BA BD SA
SA JNB arrivals lounge pics

'ere you go then:

Seating area

Food & beverage bar

Business centre

Loo

Shower room
Old May 12, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: QR Silver
Well, that looks quite allright for a quick cup of coffee and a nice shower after the long haul.

Thanks!
Old May 12, 2011, 2:39 pm
jbb

Programs: SQ *Gold
Yup, that looks like a pretty decent arrivals lounge. Certainly comparable to the AC and *Alliance arrivals lounges I've been to at LHR T3 and T1 respectively.
Old May 17, 2011, 6:24 am

Programs: *G, UA Plat, Hertz Pres
I'll be flying SAA in Y to JNB in a week or so, according to the *A lounge finder I can get access (US Airways Club Card holder) to the lounges. I was thinking of showering here and doing some work in the domestic terminal while I wait for my JNB-CPT leg, is the internet speed fast/passable?
Old May 17, 2011, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA-Gold, TK*G, KLM-Gold, SPG-Plat, Sixt-Plat, Avis-Pres, TsogoSun-Pres
Originally Posted by Yobz
I'll be flying SAA in Y to JNB in a week or so, according to the *A lounge finder I can get access (US Airways Club Card holder) to the lounges. I was thinking of showering here and doing some work in the domestic terminal while I wait for my JNB-CPT leg, is the internet speed fast/passable?
Unfortunately I have bad news for you... The international arrivals lounge is only accessible to pax arriving on SA flights in C or to SAA Gold or SAA Plat members.

There is no star alliance reciprocity on arrivals lounges. Even SAA Silver don't have access to the arrivals lounge (whilst they do to the departure lounges).

When I was there last time I actually saw a couple of extremely upset *A pax when they were denied access to the international arrivals lounge.

I would suggest that you pass through to domestic departures and go to the normal departure lounge. Star alliance gold is given reciprocity there. Ask for a towel from the reception staff. The internet access is passable and acceptable for SA'n standards.

Another tip is to go to the BA-SLOW lounge opposite the SAA lounge. They accept cash visits at R250/visit, irrespective of your departure airline (or free access to FNB-Visa-Plat account holders) and is worth at least that much, with great food, fantastic wines, Ninendo DS gamestations, etc. Even cocktails! My favourite lounge of all lounges I have ever visited.
Old May 27, 2011, 2:37 am

Programs: *G, UA Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by brightshark
Unfortunately I have bad news for you... The international arrivals lounge is only accessible to pax arriving on SA flights in C or to SAA Gold or SAA Plat members.

There is no star alliance reciprocity on arrivals lounges. Even SAA Silver don't have access to the arrivals lounge (whilst they do to the departure lounges).

When I was there last time I actually saw a couple of extremely upset *A pax when they were denied access to the international arrivals lounge.

I would suggest that you pass through to domestic departures and go to the normal departure lounge. Star alliance gold is given reciprocity there. Ask for a towel from the reception staff. The internet access is passable and acceptable for SA'n standards.

Another tip is to go to the BA-SLOW lounge opposite the SAA lounge. They accept cash visits at R250/visit, irrespective of your departure airline (or free access to FNB-Visa-Plat account holders) and is worth at least that much, with great food, fantastic wines, Ninendo DS gamestations, etc. Even cocktails! My favourite lounge of all lounges I have ever visited.
Thanks for the advice, sitting in the Domestic departures lounge right now, getting ready for my CPT flight (2 hours away). It's surprisingly nice, showers, service, etc. Recommended.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 4:30 am

Programs: BA; LH; AF
Sorry to resurrect an old thread.
I arrive into ORT on Sunday pm on the SAA flight from Sao Paulo. Flying J, and have a connecting flight (int'l, and for which I have to check in and drop off luggage) several hours after estimated arrival time of 1540. Will there be a chance of using the arrivals lounge for a shower while I have my luggage, or will it be closed?
If closed, what are the landside options for a shower and change of clothes? If all else fails I can use the departure lounge when I go back through, but am traveling with minimal hand luggage.
Many thanks,
RP
Old Jun 7, 2013, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by RichP
...estimated arrival time of 1540... Will there be a chance of using the arrivals lounge... If closed, what are the landside options for a shower and change of clothes? If all else fails I can use the departure lounge when I go back through
Arrivals lounge is open from 0500 to 1200, so will be closed when you arrive.

There are no other convenient shower options landside anymore, so your best bet will probably be the airside departure lounge.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA; LH; AF
Sorry to take so long go post back.
indeed the arrivals lounge was closed, I think it was open to 1300. I ended up seeing some friends who don't live too far from the airport. Had a long shower, a few drinks, a nice dinner and got back to the airport in time for my flight. Beats any airport lounge anywhere!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.