Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Smoking Lounge
Reload this Page >

Bulgaria / Sofia / Airports / SOF

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2016, 1:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat

There is no smoking landside in the airport (but, of course, you can always walk out the door and light up). Airside, there is a VIP lounge with a very large smoking area. You can access it either by buying a pass or having a Business Class/FC ticket.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 10:53 pm

And of course the Airport stuff (and lots of the passengers) don't hesitate to use the brake rooms/ restrooms.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Incidentally, while cigarettes are very inexpensive anywhere in Bulgaria, if you are flying out of EU be certain to pick them up at the Duty Free shop. Winstons cost me about $25 per carton -- about 1/3rd of the price I would pay in a supermarket in Israel.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 6:51 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
The question about the security lines at the SOF airport has been moved to its own thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/europ...about-sof.html

cblaisd
Co-Moderator, Smoking Lounge
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:57 am

Whats the best airline lounge at SOF? I have lounge access status with both One World, Star Alliance, Priority pass.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dovster
Incidentally, while cigarettes are very inexpensive anywhere in Bulgaria, if you are flying out of EU be certain to pick them up at the Duty Free shop. Winstons cost me about $25 per carton -- about 1/3rd of the price I would pay in a supermarket in Israel.
My son and daughter recently returned from Sofia and said they are no longer selling cigarettes in the Duty Free so I suggest now that you pick them up in the city,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.