Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Smoking Lounge
Reload this Page >

USA / Georgia / Airports / ATL

Old Jul 23, 2015, 5:43 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite

Smoking rooms in most concourses

http://www.atlanta-airport.com/Custo...nglounges.aspx
Old Jul 26, 2015, 1:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
There was also one bar/restaurant that allowed smoking -- the Heineken on the upper level of Concourse A, near the center point.

However, I no longer see it on the ATL map, so it may have been closed.

There is no smoking before Security in ATL, but if you go outside you will find smoking areas -- and even benches -- on the sidewalk.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by Dovster

There is no smoking before Security in ATL, but if you go outside you will find smoking areas -- and even benches -- on the sidewalk.
With so many smoking lounges pass security in ATL, why bother to waste time and smoke outside ?
Old Aug 13, 2015, 12:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
With so many smoking lounges pass security in ATL, why bother to waste time and smoke outside ?
If you are arriving in ATL and have checked bags you do not want them going around and around and tempting somebody with sticky fingers to walk away with them.

I get to the baggage retrieval area as quickly as possible, look to see if bags have started coming out, and if not then I walk outside for a smoke before going back in.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
"TAP" bar/smoking lounge in ATL Concourse A

I don't know if this is new or not, but yesterday was the first time I've seen it and I go through ATL quite frequently. Arrived in ATL on Concourse A and discovered a smoking BAR/lounge called "Tap" between gates A1 and A3. They offer some food options too. It's nice to be able to smoke while sipping a cold beer, and it's much less crowded than the Budweiser 2nd floor bar (or whatever it's called now) at the end of the gates.

I didn't have time to see if there are any new "Tap" bars on any of the other concourses. Please report if you find one!

Some links to menu and reviews:
http://atlanta.eater.com/2014/6/11/6...ackson-airport

http://www.yelp.com/biz/tap-a-gastro-pub-atl-atlanta

Last edited by BarbiJKM; Jul 11, 2016 at 11:11 am Reason: add links

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.