Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Smoking Lounge
Reload this Page >

UK / London / Airports / LHR [T4 & T2 Only (Airside Smoking Cages)]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK / London / Airports / LHR [T4 & T2 Only (Airside Smoking Cages)]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2017, 12:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
For those transferring and not going landside at LHR; according to the BA forum, there's a smoking den / cage by the connections bus at T3. May be useful to someone ^

Read post #49 here

Smoking lounge at LHR T5
Is this area only available for transit passengers? I have an AA flight out of LHR next week, but will not be in transit.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
Is this area only available for transit passengers? I have an AA flight out of LHR next week, but will not be in transit.
I would assume so as it's part of the transit/Flight Connections area.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I can confirm you go leave the departures area of T3 follow signs downstairs to bus transfers and rather than get a bus, exit outside to smoking cage. There’s 2/3 large “smoking area” signs on way. Once you come back inside you will need to reclear security, where queues can vary. If you have Fast Track it’s quite swift.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 6:40 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
I arrived at T5 the other week with the purpose of transferring to T3 to go via immigration to get to the CX ticket desk landslide. The Heathrow helper at the bus transfer gate asked what my destination was and I just told her T3 to which she replied ‘oh, going for a smoke’. I would take it from that reply that possibly a few other like minded pax may well do the T5-T3 shuttle run to go for a tab or two if they have a lengthy transit.

I didn’t check out the logistics of it but sure it may be possible to shuttle between the two if that desperate although you would have to re-clear security at T5. Not sure what the route would be from the smoking cage to get the bus back to T5.

S
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 6:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
I'm doing a T3-T5 transit next week. I'll report back.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It’s easy to get from cage back into T3 or go and queue for buses
Old May 20, 2018, 11:57 am

Smoking at LHR T3

can anybody clarify the procedure, I was informed by an airport member of staff that you can smoke through the door (pictured) I had a look through but you have to close the first door to be able to open the 2nd and only had maybe an hour before departure, didn't want to take the chance, as the first door cannot be reopened from the inside. It is located near all the lounges. Just for future reference anybody know what happens if you decide to go for a smoke ????
Old May 20, 2018, 11:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
That looks like the exit from landside, but may be wrong. I have used an exit before when leaving having ‘decided’ not to travel and wanted to leave T3. Much easier that T5.

I believe there may be a smoking area airside at T3, but never had need to find it, and suspectbthe staff member was playing a joke.

Edit. I believe this is the exit referred to above
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27938854-post7.html

mwp1 likes this.
Old May 20, 2018, 12:05 pm

Yes, you can go through this door but you have to go back through security on the way back in.

My husband did it back in January, our flight was delayed though so it wasn't too bad. He was about 15 minutes each time he went, security wasn't busy.
T8191 and mwp1 like this.
Old May 20, 2018, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by January87
Yes, you can go through this door but you have to go back through security on the way back in.

My husband did it back in January, our flight was delayed though so it wasn't too bad. He was about 15 minutes each time he went, security wasn't busy.
thanks for that 👍

so I would of also been knackered as I'd bought a bottle in DF
Old May 20, 2018, 12:10 pm

Ah yes! I was able to mind his bag for him while he went so we had no problems like that!
mwp1 likes this.
Old May 20, 2018, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

​​​​​​​
Old May 20, 2018, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not too good on the photo front! But yes you can smoke at T3 cage and return back through security.

I’d advise leaving all belongings other than passport and boarding pass in lounge.
Old May 20, 2018, 1:15 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mwp1
can anybody clarify the procedure, I was informed by an airport member of staff that you can smoke through the door (pictured) I had a look through but you have to close the first door to be able to open the 2nd and only had maybe an hour before departure, didn't want to take the chance, as the first door cannot be reopened from the inside. It is located near all the lounges. Just for future reference anybody know what happens if you decide to go for a smoke ????
Just to amplify on the link since that in the context of arrivals: On the other side of the door you end up in a corridor running parallel to the corridor you start from. Turning right takes you to the UK Border, but going left, somewhat against the flow of traffic, is a route back to T5 Flight Connections, which is a bus waiting area. There is a path from there to the smokers cage, clearly signed by this stage, with 2 areas. When finished with your wizard pipes you return following the signs for Flight Connections T3, through security (best bring your boarding pass) then you end up airside in T3 not far from where you started.

Short answer: Flight Connections to T5, in the bus waiting area, follow signs to the Smoking Area. When done, follow signs for T3, through security (and the AA hawkers) and then back to airside again. You can do something similar in T4 (by the WH Smith near the Qatar lounge) but not T2 or T5.

Here is a not very good photo of the smoking area.
mwp1 likes this.
Old May 20, 2018, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Not too good on the photo front! But yes you can smoke at T3 cage and return back through security.

I’d advise leaving all belongings other than passport and boarding pass in lounge.
is there anywhere in say the BA lounge that you can leave luggage to pop out if travelling alone

just for future reference

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.