Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Smoking Lounge
Reload this Page >

UK / London / Airports / LHR [T4 & T2 Only (Airside Smoking Cages)]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK / London / Airports / LHR [T4 & T2 Only (Airside Smoking Cages)]

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2018, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mwp1

is there anywhere in say the BA lounge that you can leave luggage to pop out if travelling alone

just for future reference
I don't know if it's right or wrong - but last couple of times I've left all my belongings at my table in the CX F lounge and nipped out. It's about a 20min round trip. I guess it depends on how risk averse you aware!
jsn55 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:22 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
90 minute layover @ LHR on Monday morning, 6:30 AM. Arriving from YVR, departing for DUS @ 8 AM, all T2.

I don't go through LHR very often as I prefer FRA when possible. How will I find customs lineups and further security checks if I go out and in for a sure to be desperately needed smoke or 6? I assume I'll have only about 45 minutes when factoring in de-planing and being in time to board for DUS and still have room for my roller bag. Am I just pushing it too much to actually go outside for a smoke (or 6)?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 8:31 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
90 minute layover @ LHR on Monday morning, 6:30 AM. Arriving from YVR, departing for DUS @ 8 AM, all T2.

I don't go through LHR very often as I prefer FRA when possible. How will I find customs lineups and further security checks if I go out and in for a sure to be desperately needed smoke or 6? I assume I'll have only about 45 minutes when factoring in de-planing and being in time to board for DUS and still have room for my roller bag. Am I just pushing it too much to actually go outside for a smoke (or 6)?
If your flight in is on time, you might just make it. It depends on your citizenship and how long the lines are for immigration.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 3:52 am

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Assuming you're arriving at T-2 on AC from YVR, you'll have to get from T-2B where AC lands to T-2A for the C&I formalities and luggage pickup, then check in again at T-2A for the connecting flight. Walking or using the travelators takes about 10-15 minutes each way between T-2A/B depending how fast you walk.

We arrived on AC in April also at 6:30 AM, and had lots of time for connections (3+ hours each way), but didn't use the smoking area on the outbound trip. On the way back to Canada, after arriving at T-2A from our UK domestic connecting flight, we first checked in at AC at T-2A then went to the smoking area on top of the parking garage at T-2A, which is a short walk across to the parking garage elevators (to the top floor for smokers) for a few needed puffings on several ciggies, then back through the security lineups at T-2A (slow but kept moving at a good pace) for the walkway back to T-2B for the AC flight. Note that on the way back to Canada, we had connected from a UK domestic flight, so no need for us to use the C&I lines before heading to the smoking area after checking in at AC at T-2A, then security, and then back across to T-2B for the AC flight.

I'd say it's a bit tight, but if you're lucky with flight arrivals and are a quick walker you might make it, but it depends if everything falls into place as planned.

bj-21.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Unfortunely the smoking area has gone fro T3 with the new connections area. You can no longer smoke airside at T3
Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Unfortunely the smoking area has gone fro T3 with the new connections area. You can no longer smoke airside at T3
Thanks for the info. Yet another reason to avoid LHR.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: IHG Spire Elite,Star Alliance
Smoking Area T2 Heathrow

Sorry if posted before but I only found out today there is now an area near gate A18 downstairs...Yes it is outside in a cage but with heaters....Not sure how long it has been there and maybe I have just missed it but it looked new

Happy days and long overdue if new
T8191 and The_Bouncer like this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I believe it’s a legacy item, but thanks for flagging it.

Sadly we’re T3 in a couple of weeks!
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
I may be nuts, but I always leave all my "stuff" wherever I'm nested in a lounge and go for a walk, or out for a smoke. I put my laptop under something, stick my purse inside my carryon, leave my book, magazine, reading glasses, so it kinda looks like I just stepped away. Never have had any issues.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:18 am

Programs: A3*G
Any "workarounds" to smoking in LHR T2 lounges?

Hello everybody,

I drink, and my girlfriend smokes. This should work out quite well for me during our upcoming layover (4 - 5 hours) at LHR T2 this week - for her, not so much. Having done some research, there don't seem to be any options for smoking other than going landside (or options equally inconvenient). I was wondering if perhaps there is sympathetic lounge personnel at a T2 lounge? I've only been to the LH lounge and can't imagine this working there, but if anybody knows a lounge where we could try our luck, I'd appreciate that information.

Thanks,
ObserverA3
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:32 am
Suspended

At LHR T2, you are pretty stuck I'm afraid. Landside is really the only option.

If you have Priority Pass, there is a Plaza lounge landside at T2, with easy access to outside smoking areas. This is my solution for long layovers at LHR.

Other than that, your only option is to vote with your feet and choose to use airports which still respect the concept of customer choice and offer separate smoking areas.
cad-spe likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:24 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Moderator's Note:

The previous two posts were from a thread in the LH M&M forum that was moved here. That thread contained many off-topic posts which have now been deleted after the thread was merged into the appropriate airport information thread.

Thank you.

cblaisd, Co-Moderator, Smoking Lounge
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Can anyone confirm or deny, first hand, the existence of the smoking "cage" near gate A18 at T2?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
Can anyone confirm or deny, first hand, the existence of the smoking "cage" near gate A18 at T2?
I will, on Wednesday - one way or the other. Provided I can find this obscure sub-forum again .
The_Bouncer likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:23 am

Bad news

No cage by A18 - in fact, A18 is not even on ground level, so there must have been some confusion. There is a (closed, i.e. non operative) cage one level below by A1.

Best bet seems to be the rather bland landside PP lounge, so thanks again for the suggestion!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.