Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Smoking Lounge
Reload this Page >

Scandinavia / Airports / CPH / ARN / OSL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2015, 11:42 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Hi guys,

To ease your choice of where to connect through Scandinavia, let's assemble a list here:

Information valid July 2015

CPH: Yes. Outside smoking terrace next to the B-finger. Accessible for all travelers. If you want to smoke past passport control in the C-finger, you have to exit the non-Schengen area and re-enter (which is not a problem). The walk from the smoking terrace to the ex-Schengen finger is approximately 10 minutes.

ARN: Yes. Smoking booths found close to many gates.

OSL: No.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Silver
No smoking airside in any norwegian airport. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Last edited by cblaisd; Jul 15, 2015 at 12:09 pm Reason: Removed inadvertent (?) copying of previous post. Redacted to leave only new content
Old Jul 16, 2015, 4:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FlyingDanishPenguin
Accessible for all travelers. If you want to smoke past passport control in the C-finger, you have to exit the non-Schengen area and re-enter (which is not a problem). The walk from the smoking terrace to the ex-Schengen finger is approximately 10 minutes.
Smokers who use CPH as the international transit airport between two non-Schengen flights and are admissible into the Schengen zone can access the smoking areas. Some non-European passport holders don't have trouble exiting the non-Schengen area to get to the smoking terrace?

The wait times at CPH passport control to get into or out of the non-Schengen flight departure area may also be a disincentive for even admissible non-European passport users to go back and forth (in either direction) between the Schengen and non-Schengen departure sides of the airport.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:44 am

Programs: A3
Can someone advise if there is any place where smoking is allowed in C gates area? According to the CPH airport website the only smoking area in close to gate A18, but report at Airport Smokers says there is smoking area close to gates C15-C40.
Old May 31, 2019, 5:30 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by nieszprot
Can someone advise if there is any place where smoking is allowed in C gates area? According to the CPH airport website the only smoking area in close to gate A18, but report at Airport Smokers says there is smoking area close to gates C15-C40.
I recall seeing one above the 7-11 in the C gates in February. Not sure about any closures after that.
Old May 31, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: A3
I can answer my question - yes, there is smoking area, on the level +1 behind passport control.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.