Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors > Small Luxury Hotels (SLH)
Reload this Page >

SLH hotel show availability but not bookable with points

Old Jan 1, 2024, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA

I was trying to book Movich Hotel Cartagena de Indias (One of the Small Luxury Hotels) today with Hyatt points, plenty of availability in March.

After clicking "Book My Stay", the website shows "The booking engine is currently unavailable"

Then I tried it with Hyatt App on my phone, is shows "something went wrong"

Called Hyatt customer service and they said there is no availability on the dates I chose, however, other dates around it are available. I tried to search it myself, it also shows "Unfortunately, this hotel is not accepting World of Hyatt points or award during those dates. ".

After hanging up, I tried another date just for experiment: tried booking on website, booking on the app, even though the customer service agent said that date is available, those error message appears again. After a few minutes, that date shows "Unfortunately, this hotel is not accepting World of Hyatt points or award during those dates."

Is this some kind of new trick on Hyatt website: Showing availability while they are actually not available, when you actually wants to book it, it becomes unavailable. Or are all Small Luxury Hotels unbookable with hyatt points?
Old Jan 1, 2024, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by AdamCO2
I was trying to book Movich Hotel Cartagena de Indias (One of the Small Luxury Hotels) today with Hyatt points, plenty of availability in March.

After clicking "Book My Stay", the website shows "The booking engine is currently unavailable"

Then I tried it with Hyatt App on my phone, is shows "something went wrong"

Called Hyatt customer service and they said there is no availability on the dates I chose, however, other dates around it are available. I tried to search it myself, it also shows "Unfortunately, this hotel is not accepting World of Hyatt points or award during those dates. ".

After hanging up, I tried another date just for experiment: tried booking on website, booking on the app, even though the customer service agent said that date is available, those error message appears again. After a few minutes, that date shows "Unfortunately, this hotel is not accepting World of Hyatt points or award during those dates."

Is this some kind of new trick on Hyatt website: Showing availability while they are actually not available, when you actually wants to book it, it becomes unavailable. Or are all Small Luxury Hotels unbookable with hyatt points?
The tech people that failed to test this are not accountable. Would you wanna book what you referred to as other dates and then call WOH to request a change? As long as its not a non-refundable rate
Old Jan 1, 2024, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Is it possible to change the date if there is no reward night available on that date?

Also, for other dates showing availibility, they are not actully available if I book it myself. I will have to call WOH to book it. They are refundable until 4 days before check-in.

With that being said, should I 1. call WOH to book another dates? 2. call WOH (or the hotel?) to change the reservation to the dates I want? Have you done it before?
Old Jan 1, 2024, 5:38 pm

This has happened to me with the same hotel about 6 months ago so maybe an ongoing issue. We ended up just staying at the Hyatt Regency although I would have much preferred the Movich due to the location.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

I was able to solve it.
The dates I would like to book became available again after serveral hours. I called WOH and booked it with points without any issue.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 6:42 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I suspect this is an outage issue between SLH and Hyatt's booking systems. I've had this happen where during the booking process the reservation fails to complete.

It then becomes available a short while later.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 4:15 pm
LHG

Programs: AS MVP Gold and hotel status through their credit cards as needed :)
I have been looking at many dates for SLH in the UK and it always says not bookable with points/free night certs but has plenty of cash rates and rooms available. Looks like bait and switch to me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.