Nanuku Resort in Fiji

Old Oct 28, 2023, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Nanuku Resort in Fiji

Was anyone successful in booking a point stay at Nanuku Resort in Fiji? I have been trying different dates, and notwithstanding availably of their basic room (which is the Nanuku Suite), points reservations are not available. I reached out to my Hyatt concierge, and she said that SLH hotels can do whatever they please with their inventory. They do not have an obligation to make room on points available to WoH members.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 3:04 pm

Ive booked in the past without issues. Havent tried lately but points availability comes and goes.
afmiami likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 4:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
I have 3 nights booked for January using points. Made the reservation in june.
afmiami likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 11:21 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Globalist; AS Gold; AA Plat
I was thinking about booking Nanuku, but ended up booking a nice Air bnb by the beach with a pool for a fraction of the cost.
afmiami likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arfaczar
I was thinking about booking Nanuku, but ended up booking a nice Air bnb by the beach with a pool for a fraction of the cost.
Do you mind sharing some information about it? You can PM me if you prefer. Thanks
Old Nov 11, 2023, 11:46 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Had a recent two night stay on points and was very happy. Got an upgraded suite (183) that had a private plunge pool and outdoor double shower. Also had champagne and fruit platter waiting in room.

Not sure if they do every week, but the day we arrive (Tuesday) they had a manager reception with the GM and all the department managers with appetizers and very free flowing wine and beer. Breakfast a three course feast with fruit and pastry, a cold and hot option and very tasty. Dinner was pricey, but not over the top. On Tuesday they have a three course pre-fix for 150FJD or you could do a la carte for slightly less. Appetizer and mains were around 130FJD.

Staff was extremely friendly and accommodating, but sometimes not perfect on tiny details like taking away bread plates too early. You could tell everyone was very happy working there and cared about your enjoyment.

overall very happy with the value for the points, but dont doubt there may be better value if you went AIRBNB or private rentals.
afmiami likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Good to know. Unfortunately, at this time they removed all points availabily to the best of my search. Hopefully they will release some in the future. I will travel there next September, plenty of time to check.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 10:29 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
How is the beach and water at this hotel?
Old Jan 19, 2024, 3:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
We stayed for three nights last week using hyatt points. Lovely upstairs nanuku suite with a great view of water and garden. Wonderful Fijian vibe and everyone knew our names and provided great service. The ocean was swimmable at high tide but quite murky from the recent rains. The pool was lovely. At the management reception on monday night ( great snacks and wine) the general manager told us he doesn’t approve upgrades unless their occupancy is 20-30%, it was about 50% for our stay and he was very clear that we would not get an upgrade. Most people at Nanuku bought packages from Costco and they bragged about their great upgrades to 2 bedroom plunge pool suites. They clearly value Costco over hyatt loyalty. We received no globalist upgrade or recognition. He mentioned they are replacing all furniture in april or may and the suite definitely needed an upgrade. We enjoyed our stay and rode the free bikes around. The breakfast was plentiful so we often shared a lunch. The food was tasty but pricey. The beach is nicer at the intercontinental on fiji but that hotel is way bigger.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 11:56 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
We just returned from a 5 day/4 night stay at Nanuku. It was a great stay and sad to see them stick with SLH and ultimately leave the WoH system.

STAFF - top part of the hotel is the authentic care and attention provided by the staff. They truly wanted to ensure you had a positive stay. They weren't always the fastest, but they were truly caring and welcoming. They are clearly proud of their product and should be!
ROOMS - the rooms are large with plenty of space. The decor is a bit dated but fit the overall vibe of the rooms fits the resort concept. We got upgraded from a Nanuku Suite to a dive pool beachfront. Had a great view. You have to be quick going in an out because there are a lot of bugs who get into the room quickly.
FOOD - there is only one restaurant and I heard mixed reviews from a travel blog, but we found the food outstanding. Breakfast is ala carte but included for Globalists. The food was signifcant and tasty. Dinner was also great. The dinner menu changed each night but it was delicious especially the BBQ from the Lovo ceremony.
LOCATION - the hotel has a nice beach where one part is relatively sandy (less coral) but the side where the rooms are located is more corally. The main pool is beautiful and well maintained. The one downside is a 2.5 hour drive from NAN to the hotel. We rented a car and were able to check out Suva and other parts of the island which I appreciate.
ACTIVITIES - The resort has a ton of activities for any stay and range of potential guests. We did a half day tour of an island which was great. The captain handled rough seas well.

All in all one of our best hotel stays for a vacation. We were celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary and the hotel and staff made it truly special! Can't say enough good things about this hotel.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 6:47 pm

Programs: United, Marriott
Does anyone have comments on the rooms and if upgrades are done? We were looking at a 2 bedroom residence...which I think is different than the 2 bedroom villa. Pool seems bigger in Residence; however, is room outdated?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.