The Principal-Madrid

Old Oct 7, 2023, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

The Principal-Madrid

I didn't see a thread on this hotel here but did find an old one when it was in the Design Hotels system.

We completed a two night stay as a globalist. It was a mix of business and holiday and the hotel was well positioned for both. I booked a junior suite and was given room 301, which is at the end of the hallway and overlooking the Gran Via. I probably wouldn't have called this a suite but it is bigger than the standard rooms and quite comfortable.

Checkin was smooth and our room was ready very early. Bags were brought promptly. Pet peeve, but there is no ironing board. When I requested it one was brought within 10 minutes. We received turndown the first night but on the second night when we had our dnd sign out, housekeeping recognized us in the hall and asked if we needed anything then promptly brought a huge stack of towels and a handful of chocolates.

The bed seemed like memory foam. This was a little firm for us but not bad and the linens were high quality. I'm picky about my mattresses and like a very soft bed. This was probably the second best of our four hotels throughout Spain.

We didn't use the rooftop bar but they made it seem nice. We loved the location which was our main reason for booking here. The design of the hotel is quite dark which we like but understand some people might not. Overall, we were pleased and would stay here again.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 11:43 am

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, WoH Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold 100k
Any update on the globalist benefits available at the property? Thanks!
Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jarodmc

It's an SLH property. No Globalist benefits, just the general WOH SLH perks.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jarodmc
What specific benefits are you looking for? I can tell you that we didn't get an upgrade, which is the most meaningful globalist benefit to me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.