Cash upgrade on points stay (in advance)

Old Feb 11, 2021, 12:55 am
Formerly known as hcampana
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Cash upgrade on points stay (in advance)

Has anyone been able to upgrade their room that was booked with points in advance by paying the difference?
im wondering if SLH properties have the ability to modify Hyatt bookings like that. Iím also wondering if they charge you in advance for the upgrade.

The properties I want to stay at donít allow an extra bed (for my small child) in the standard room (available with points), Only in the higher category rooms. Iím looking to see if anyone has done the cash upgrade before. Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2021, 9:43 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I did a one category cash upgrade at the Grand Bellevue Gstaad (still owe a review.. coming), in advance via the hotel directly, not reflected in Hyatt reservation obviously, charged after check-out
myeurocrush likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 8:19 am
Formerly known as hcampana
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 59Impala
I did a one category cash upgrade at the Grand Bellevue Gstaad (still owe a review.. coming), in advance via the hotel directly, not reflected in Hyatt reservation obviously, charged after check-out
thanks for the datapoint. How was the Bellevue? By any chance did you have kid(s) with you?
Old Feb 13, 2021, 8:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Any property can theoretically sell you a paid upgrade. It's more common than you might think. Prices range from "great deal" to "are you kidding me?"
Often1 and myeurocrush like this.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 9:26 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Hotels are relatively easy on paid upgrades. If there is a room to be had, it is almost always possible to buy up to it. The question is whether the buy up is a good deal.

Late in the day, empty rooms in the room class and an empowered MOD, it's an easy call.
myeurocrush likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 2:10 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by myeurocrush
thanks for the datapoint. How was the Bellevue? By any chance did you have kid(s) with you?
we had a great stay, recommended. Hope to be able to write the review this weekend.

we did not have kids with us, but there were other families with children or even babies.
myeurocrush likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.