Nira Caledonia - Edinburgh

Old Aug 22, 2020, 2:24 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
Nira Caledonia - Edinburgh

I didn't book my stay through Hyatt as it was about 30% more expensive than booking direct and wouldn't not have included breakfast - about a 20 value.

Check-in was a bit of chaos with the staff member doing it not being a normal receptionist and so had problems sorting out my booking. He did brief me on breakfast etc.

The hotel is located over two townhouses in the New Town. There is a house between the two properties (not part of the property) which caused me to have to have to walk between the two parts, getting wet as it was raining. My room was on the third floor and there are no lifts. I had to carry my heavy bag up the narrowing staircases to get there.

The room was located on the back of the property with views out over the New Town.

The room was divided in two with a set of doors. The sitting room had the tea/coffee facilities and a sofa which looked out across the roof tops. The wardrobe was also there.
The space above the doors, on the bedroom side, had the TV installed. There was a radio also, which I didn't manage to turn off so had to unplug. The bed was comfortable but the edge of the bed was touched by the bathroom door. The bathroom was tiny, with a loo, small sink, and shower.

The room was quiet, except that whenever the main door was opened on the ground floor it caused the door to bang due to the difference in pressure.

I booked breakfast at 0730, and was on my own in the pleasant breakfast room in the other part of the property. The rate I paid included a hot or continental breakfast. The breakfast staff were excellent and the food was plentiful and tasty.

I was not able to secure a late check-out and so left at 11am.

There is an app which gives you all the information you need about the property.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 4:26 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.