Hotel Le Strato, Courchevel

Old Jun 16, 2020, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Hotel Le Strato, Courchevel

My wife and I stayed here in late February on a points stay as rates were well clear of 1500EUR a night. For the points rate, bookings can be made into the standard, "Superior" room, or the Junior Suite. We obviously opted for the larger room .

Service was warm and friendly, with a very international staff on hand. The concierge provided high-quality advice and was able to get bookings for us without problem. If looking to visit for ski season, getting lift passes in advance is not required, and the concierge got those for us and had them ready at the ski shop downstairs for our first day on the slopes. The hotel is true ski-in, ski-out with a short downhill into Courchevel 1850. The ski shop is well appointed and provides excellent service. The weather during our stay was frankly terrible for skiing, though: the first day was around 60F, and our last day on the slopes were in whiteout conditions. The ski shop proactively removed our final day rentals from the bill since we were out for all of 30 minutes.

We found during our stay that our award booking was actually half-board, so we were able to enjoy several meals at the * Baumaniere 1850: lunch outside one day overlooking the slopes and a tasting menu another evening (note the tasting menu is a slight supplement to the half-board). I mentioned above the warm day of skiing; the sun was quite bright, so the restaurant brought everyone seated outside some baseball caps to wear. The included breakfast was in the same restaurant and while selection was somewhat limited it was of very high quality. The property is a short walk from the Aman; the food at Strato is way better.

A shuttle is available to take guests to and from 1850 and is more than adequate. For trips lower down, there is a free bus system operating on a regular schedule, and taxis are fairly easy to come by as well (though these can be pretty expensive).

The only downside to our specific room, number 100, is that it was directly below the restaurant dining room, so we could hear chairs scratching across the floor in the mornings. We never mentioned anything to the desk, so no worries.

We'd love to return to the Alps to ski, and if we ever decide to return to Courchevel, we'd definitely opt to return to Strato.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 8:32 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Thanks for the review. I saw this property before and it raised my eyebrows seeing the price tag. I guess with points it's not as bad but still quite a big chunk of points to use so I was unsure about the value.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by escape4
Thanks for the review. I saw this property before and it raised my eyebrows seeing the price tag. I guess with points it's not as bad but still quite a big chunk of points to use so I was unsure about the value.
Yeah, the cash rates are insane, as they are everywhere in Courchevel. If we ever go back we would definitely look to stay here again.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 12:54 pm

Intriguing, but the hotel shows only 2 days with availability throughout the next 14 months.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.