FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Small Luxury Hotels (SLH) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/small-luxury-hotels-slh-772/)
-   -   Hôtel Le Cep & Spa Marie De Bourgogne (SLH) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/small-luxury-hotels-slh/2019594-hotel-le-cep-spa-marie-de-bourgogne-slh.html)

59Impala Jun 13, 2020 7:48 am

Hôtel Le Cep & Spa Marie De Bourgogne (SLH)

We'll be on vacation in south of France and upon returning to Switzerland, we'll stay one night here in mid July. Was able to use the CAT1-7 promotional award. Interesting hotel in Beaune, looking at the pictures of the rooms. Some are dreadful (in terms of colors and design ;), others quite nice and interesting. With the free night, you get a "Deluxe Premier Cru" room).

Hotel site: Galeries Photos | Chambre Hôtel | Hotel Le Cep Beaune

Hyatt page: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/fr...ourgogne/dijyl

Has anybody stayed here by chance?

A day after I made the reservation, I received a welcome e-mail from the hotel. They seem really pleased that we are coming, meaning the business also seems very slow until early July, when tourism in France should start ramping up again.

59Impala Oct 14, 2020 1:52 am

Great one night stay

Check In Check-in was superb. The front desk staff were extremely friendly when welcoming us. They welcomed me as a Globalist and informed us of our upgraded room.The employees take COVID extremely serious. Right upon approaching the front desk, the agent put on gloves, sanitized the room key, etcWe could leave our car right in front of the door. We asked where we can park, and the agent said, it is valet parking if we wish (no charge). Furthermore, the valet then noticed our car (a Tesla) and asked if we wanted it to be charged. They had a Tesla Destination Charger on site (did not know that in advance). No charge either for charging. They washed our car (10€ charge).We had bought some wine and goat cheese in southern France and wanted to leave it in our cooler room respectively the cheese in the mini bar. The apparently could smell the cheese 😊 and offered to store the wine and cheese the hotel’s kitchen/cooler!! Very considerate! View from the room to the courtyard and parking lot with Tesla Destiantion Charger Room We used our Cat 1-7 certificate without any issues. The confirmed room is not the basic room, which is actually fairly small, but the 3rd lowest category with a very reasonable size of 30 sqm (ca 35 sqf). However as mentioned before, we were upgraded 1 category to a suite, as described in the T&C of this participation between SLH and WOH. In fact, it was the first and only time so far, that I was automatically upgraded at SLH (had 4 stays so far). We received a “Suite Grand Cru Room†named Romanée Saint-Vivant and is 41 sqm (45 sqf) and was in fact very nice. There were only 2 rooms on this floor and part of the buildin Bathroom Large bathroom with 2 sinks, shower and bathtub, Service Service was impeccable. Very attentive and frie Location Great central location in the old part of Beaune. Major attractions in the city as well as restaurants and shopping are all reachable on fo Dining Due to the beautiful weather, breakfast was served in the exterior courtyard in a wonderful atmosphre. In spite of COVID, there was a huge selection. It was buffet style, but everything prepared in smaller portions and covered with plastic. Birchermüesli, bread basket, cheeses and cold meats. Eggs were made to order. Excellent quality breakfast and the managed the COVID guidelines extremely well. Overall Overall, I was very impressed by this hotel. I was honestly a bit sceptical, as so far the SLH hotels in Europe mostly seem to be old buildings with equally old interiors, especially design. OK, I understand that many may appreciate this, but we (my wife :D) prefer the more modern style. Often the rooms also smell a bit muggy. That was the case here as well, but not that bad and acceptable. Some further impressions of the hotel area: