137 Pillars Bangkok (Small Luxury Hotel)

Old Nov 22, 2021, 11:31 pm
Original Poster
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
It looks like this hotel is still part of SLH but no longer accepting reservations via Hyatt.
Old May 16, 2024, 11:45 pm

looked at this after checking out their chiang mai property. escape4 have you stayed here again recently? it seems to me the hotel has reduced room rates as well as services and amenities such as afternoon tea. lower rate means the suite-only areas and other common areas are more crowded now?
Old May 17, 2024, 9:57 am
Original Poster
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by bigdog2
escape4 have you stayed here again recently? it seems to me the hotel has reduced room rates as well as services and amenities such as afternoon tea.
I have not stayed since my mediocre stay last time and when I gave feedback they simply shrugged shoulders so there has been nothing to entice me back. When you say they reduced room rates, what prices are you seeing for your target dates? On SLH.com I did not see anything below 10k THB plus tax. It's maybe 5% cheaper if booking direct. So yes it's cheaper than before, but I am not sure it's enough of a major change to draw me back just yet.

Unless they opened up the roof top pool access to apartments (which are drastically cheaper than the suites) then I would not expect it to be more crowded now. Same for the lounge used for breakfast and happy hour, I would hope residence guests are still out of bounds. So I am not concerned about crowded public spaces. I was simply not sold about the value proposition anymore.

I was waiting to see if this hotel will join the Hilton bandwagon as per the newly announced SLH-Hilton partnership. If I could burn Hilton points at a reasonable rate then I would not be against giving 137P another shot to see if they have recently improved. But if paying cash...in that price range I suspect they will be crowded out by the upcoming Ritz Carlton and Fairmont in Bangkok where benefits would not be as limited (or inexistent) like they are at 137P.
Old May 17, 2024, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by escape4
When you say they reduced room rates, what prices are you seeing for your target dates?
i may have mistaken the thai baht rate conversion because it is close to 10k thb direct booking as you said. seems like the club lounge has cut back significantly on the breakfast, where there used to be a buffet spread is now just a la carte. i agree with you wrt the current value prop.
Old May 19, 2024, 6:13 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I still think the hotel is a sensible option if you are specifically looking for the location - which will be mainly Japanese businesspeople and some people into the nightlife.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.