Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt > Small Luxury Hotels (SLH)
Reload this Page >

1906 Lodge Coronado Island (SLH) REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Oct 18, 19, 3:15 am
Original Poster

What are your thoughts on this property?

I’ve been looking in the San Diego/Coronado area for awhile and this just popped up when searching via Hyatt and it definitely was not there last month.

From what I’m seeing it definitely should not be a Cat 6. I feel like most SLH properties are very inflated as far as their Category goes. Cash Price is around $200 but Points 25k nightly. I think PH Aviara seems like a better property and better value being a Category 5.

But I’m interested to hear your thoughts on this property
Old Oct 21, 19, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Amazing amenities!

I went directly to the 1906 website and it shows all these amenities for all guests regardless of status:

“Complimentary breakfast buffet every day, prepared daily by our Innkeepers

Bottomless mimosas on the house

Complimentary secure, underground parking

Freshly baked cookies each afternoon

Complimentary Happy Hour including wine and hors d’oeuvres

Refreshments including filtered water, coffee, and tea available throughout the day

Daily newspapers available in the lobby

Complimentary Wi-Fi access

Bicycles, beach chairs, bags, umbrellas and towels available to borrow

Activity and restaurant recommendations including monthly event calendar“

Definitely a property to discuss
Old Oct 21, 19, 10:56 am

Programs: SPG Plat, SWA Companion Pass, United Silver
Originally Posted by Matt4200 View Post
Amazing amenities!

I went directly to the 1906 website and it shows all these amenities for all guests regardless of status:

“Complimentary breakfast buffet every day, prepared daily by our Innkeepers

Bottomless mimosas on the house

Complimentary secure, underground parking

Freshly baked cookies each afternoon

Complimentary Happy Hour including wine and hors d’oeuvres

Refreshments including filtered water, coffee, and tea available throughout the day

Daily newspapers available in the lobby

Complimentary Wi-Fi access

Bicycles, beach chairs, bags, umbrellas and towels available to borrow

Activity and restaurant recommendations including monthly event calendar“

Definitely a property to discuss
Also, way better location than PH Aviara. Besides the Del, Marriott, and Loews, there really isn't much in the way of "chain hotels" on Coronado Island, so this is a strong contender IMO for a place to stay in San Diego if you don't want to be downtown but still stay in the Hyatt system. Coronado is my favorite place to stay in San Diego because of the relaxed pace, so I'll probably be checking this out sometime next year. Come summer months, the 25k points/night might be slightly lower than the typical 2c/p redemption rate that is easy to achieve with WoH, but probably is a better use of points than 95k peak pricing for an old room at the Del.
Old Jul 12, 20, 9:53 pm

Any recent reports by chance?
Old Jul 15, 20, 10:43 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hhonors (Diamond), IHG (Plat Amb), Marriott (Gold)
Across the road from the Hotel Del Coronado (Hilton Curio) - it's a small property, no beach access and on the side with the marina. Looks 'ok' having been past it when I've stayed across the road. Having stayed at the Del a few times, while it gets mixed reviews, I would go for that if you're prepared to go non-Hyatt. It's a lovely old property that has charm (put aside your expectations of service with the front desk) and incredible views if you can get the right room (try and get the room you want before or at check in so some research ahead of time).
Old Jul 15, 20, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rrrrrich View Post
Across the road from the Hotel Del Coronado (Hilton Curio) - it's a small property, no beach access and on the side with the marina. Looks 'ok' having been past it when I've stayed across the road. Having stayed at the Del a few times, while it gets mixed reviews, I would go for that if you're prepared to go non-Hyatt. It's a lovely old property that has charm (put aside your expectations of service with the front desk) and incredible views if you can get the right room (try and get the room you want before or at check in so some research ahead of time).
The Del is a nice property with a prime location, the only major downside is the rates. They’re almost always $500+ a night.

1906 I find frequently around $200, especially these days.
Old Jul 21, 20, 7:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The Del is an iconic historic hotel, supposedly complete with ghost(s). Does the 1906 give any of that feel in a smaller boutique property?
Old Jul 22, 20, 8:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
The Del gets horrible reviews these days. It's basically a massive construction site. Definitely coasting on reputation.
Old Sep 22, 20, 10:47 am

Has anyone stayed at this property recently?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: