Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hotel Gajoen Tokyo?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

hotel Gajoen Tokyo?

anyone has experience with this hotel? when I check the room rate, the price didn't have any tax (only 200yen per person per night city tax paid on departure). I was shocked! As the tax and fee for other hotels is almost 30%. Plus the most basic room is 70 sq meter, what!? The hotel seems a huge bargain to me.

I guess some negatives are: no direct limousine bus and no globalist benefits?

thank you very much
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by matrix8452
anyone has experience with this hotel? when I check the room rate, the price didn't have any tax (only 200yen per person per night city tax paid on departure). I was shocked! As the tax and fee for other hotels is almost 30%. Plus the most basic room is 70 sq meter, what!? The hotel seems a huge bargain to me.

I guess some negatives are: no direct limousine bus and no globalist benefits?

thank you very much
I believe taxes and service charge must be included in their prices.

Last edited by Aventine; Sep 16, 2019 at 10:04 pm
Old Sep 16, 2019, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

maybe. that's my point too. less than 600$ after tax for a 70 sqmeter room in a historical luxury hotel is? very appealing
Old Sep 16, 2019, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by matrix8452
maybe. that's my point too. less than 600$ after tax for a 70 sqmeter room in a historical luxury hotel is? very appealing
I think that rate won't stand for Fall or spring foliage. Could certainly go a lot higher.

Enjoy it while it's cheap!

Last edited by Aventine; Sep 16, 2019 at 10:55 pm
Old Sep 17, 2019, 3:28 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
The thing about SLH is that the rate off hyatt (OTA, or hotel website) is usually much cheaper than the quote found on hyatt
Old Sep 17, 2019, 12:24 pm

I used points to stay here in June, they upgraded me to the Ambassador Suite. The club was ok better if your into Japanese breakfast and the common spaces are beautiful. I also made a video of the room if you wanna check it out.
ArthurSFO11 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ghzhammer
I used points to stay here in June, they upgraded me to the Ambassador Suite. The club was ok better if your into Japanese breakfast and the common spaces are beautiful. I also made a video of the room if you wanna check it out. https://youtu.be/fhZvHkt8uTg
Thanks a lot for the comment and very nice video. Do you know if the hotel has a fitness center and a pool? can't find any photo for those
Old Sep 17, 2019, 1:15 pm

No pool for sure and as far as fitness center not one I remember seeing. I did forget to mention that the rooms are for 4 person occupancy.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I used points to stay here in June, they upgraded me to the Ambassador Suite. The club was ok better if your into Japanese breakfast and the common spaces are beautiful. I also made a video of the room if you wanna check it out. https://youtu.be/fhZvHkt8uTg
As a Globalist or SLH booking?
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
As a Globalist or SLH booking?
Globalist on a points booking but I did have to ask about the upgrade at check in as they had not had many guests book thru Hyatt.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 4:45 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Glad to see a member has stayed here! I was hoping to get your input as I've noticed you're very knowledgeable with the Hyatts in Tokyo. Wife and I will be staying in Tokyo for three nights with a one year old at the tail end of a RTW trip. We're looking at Gajoen, Andaz, and Ginza Centric with Andaz being our top choice due to the styling of the hotel as well as the skyline views; but the bigger room size of the Gajoen is definitely appealing. Would you recommend the Gajoen over the Andaz if all we're interested in is a non-eventful stay with some good food around the vicinity as well as a one day trip to Tokyo Disney? We'll be flying into HND and flying out of NRT. Wife and I have been to Tokyo many times, so the major touristy spots are of no interest to us. Appreciate any info you can give!
Old Dec 14, 2019, 8:58 am

Just booked a stay for TAS, was breakfast included for all guests for the points stay?
Old Dec 14, 2019, 4:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by FlyingKansan
Glad to see a member has stayed here! I was hoping to get your input as I've noticed you're very knowledgeable with the Hyatts in Tokyo. Wife and I will be staying in Tokyo for three nights with a one year old at the tail end of a RTW trip. We're looking at Gajoen, Andaz, and Ginza Centric with Andaz being our top choice due to the styling of the hotel as well as the skyline views; but the bigger room size of the Gajoen is definitely appealing. Would you recommend the Gajoen over the Andaz if all we're interested in is a non-eventful stay with some good food around the vicinity as well as a one day trip to Tokyo Disney? We'll be flying into HND and flying out of NRT. Wife and I have been to Tokyo many times, so the major touristy spots are of no interest to us. Appreciate any info you can give!
Is this place big enough to have limobus service to/from both HND and NRT at reasonable frequencies?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 1:07 pm

Anyone with a recent stay and can provide an update on their experience? It looks like the breakfast is in the lounge. I understand the SLH partnership only allows for 2 for breakfast. Does anyone have experience where they allowed all guests in the room to go to breakfast? If not, does anyone know what the surcharge for breakfast is? The rooms on points here allow for up to 4. Also, anyone stay here and also the PH and can provide a comparison of the two breakfasts? Thank you.

On their site if you book directly with them, a child 6-11 has an estimated $25 charge for breakfast.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is this place big enough to have limobus service to/from both HND and NRT at reasonable frequencies?
No. You would have probably need to walk to one near Maguro station or some other landmark.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.