SLH Globalist benefits

Old May 29, 19, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by dpb132 View Post
I think the best way to approach SLH right now is a bit like the MGM partnership - i.e., no specific on-property benefits for Globalists - but with hope that on-the-ground data points will surprise in a positive way over time.
I did make sure to book a room that was late enough that I'd be happy with no upgrade
Old Jul 30, 20, 6:52 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I am booked for 4 nights on points at the Cape Fahn hotel in Koh Samui, which offers a huge value for points as it can go for up to $1000 a night. There are only 22 villas on an island-and it is the only hotel on the island. All villas have a pool, and the largest villa is on its own island. It is a category 5, but was a category 4 before that-it just moved up this year.
59Impala likes this.
Old Aug 3, 20, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by antonius66 View Post
I'm getting over 2cpp and credit for Santorini, which I wouldn't have gotten credit in before and would have had to use cash on some other hotel. Overall I'm happy there. I agree the partnership has major flaws such as the augmented cash price to get Hyatt credit being the biggest flaw, but it definitely has value.
Which hotel did you book in Santorini? They have several properties on offer there and I can't decide which one to pick.
Old Feb 24, 21, 6:54 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Accor Diamond; GHA Black; SLH Indulged; IHG Plat Amb
I should have known this but unfortunately I was not aware: we do not earn Hyatt points at SLH properties when spending on F&B. Lesson learned.
Old Feb 25, 21, 9:28 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
I should have known this but unfortunately I was not aware: we do not earn Hyatt points at SLH properties when spending on F&B. Lesson learned.
that is correct, actually you do not earn any points apart from the cash rate paid via hyatt.com, e.g. a cash room upgrade does not earn points either.
escape4 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 21, 10:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Accor Diamond; GHA Black; SLH Indulged; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by 59Impala View Post
that is correct, actually you do not earn any points apart from the cash rate paid via hyatt.com, e.g. a cash room upgrade does not earn points either.
And when we book via SLH.com instead of Hyatt.com, we accumulate SLH night credits to make progress towards the free night certificate earned at each 12 nights, but since it's not a point system it also means no benefit or discount from spending on F&B at the hotel, regardless of booking channel Hyatt or SLH.
59Impala likes this.
Old Feb 26, 21, 7:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
SLH properties are coded as Hyatt on the credit card, though. So if the F&B is put on that card you would earn 4x on it.
Old Feb 26, 21, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by CLEguy View Post
SLH properties are coded as Hyatt on the credit card, though. So if the F&B is put on that card you would earn 4x on it.
Right, the credit card is not a problem. Many times I am only earning 1x but I just need to send a message to Chase to alert them to the fact that it's SLH and they give me the 4x instead of 1x without argument.

The issue is more about points earned with Hyatt directly especially during promos such as now where a resort should be quadruple points in February (therefore 20 pts per dollar) but instead we earn nothing.
CLEguy likes this.
Old Aug 2, 21, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-LTP, TP-*G, HL-D, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Dsm2m2 View Post
Stated WOH / SLH Benefits (regardless of status) are supposed to include:

- Free Continental Breakfast
- Free WiFi
- Early Check-In / Late Check-Out (based on availability)
- One Room Category Upgrade (based on availability)

Most of these benefits are already standard SLH benefits if you book directly with them, so I also doubt any additional Globalist recognition (especially from hotels that just recently joined).
Will SLH accept Guest of Honor bookings using my Free Night Certificate? Iím looking at the Hotel Arden at Stratford-upon-Avon. I hope they would at least include breakfast!
Old Aug 2, 21, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post
Will SLH accept Guest of Honor bookings using my Free Night Certificate? Iím looking at the Hotel Arden at Stratford-upon-Avon. I hope they would at least include breakfast!
GOH means nothing as status means nothing with SLH bookings. Everyone receives the same benefits at SLH properties booked through Hyatt channels regardless of Hyatt status, including breakfast.
Old Aug 2, 21, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-LTP, TP-*G, HL-D, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by CLEguy View Post
GOH means nothing as status means nothing with SLH bookings. Everyone receives the same benefits at SLH properties booked through Hyatt channels regardless of Hyatt status, including breakfast.
So I guess Iíll just put my name down, and friend as accompanying if the Free Night Certificate is on my account? Can you confirm that breakfast is included for award stays?
Old Aug 2, 21, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post
So I guess Iíll just put my name down, and friend as accompanying if the Free Night Certificate is on my account? Can you confirm that breakfast is included for award stays?
As stated here and elsewhere, benefits include breakfast. Don't take my word for it: see from SLH themselves.
Old Aug 31, 21, 7:17 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Does anyone have experience earning points at SLH for multiple rooms? I know that I can earn for up to 3 rooms at Hyatt brands, but SLH I'm not certain. Thanks.
Old Oct 13, 21, 10:12 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold, Crown & Anchor Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, mLife Gold
I booked a stay at a SLH property via Hyatt and I reached out to the hotel directly to see if they could add on a special that they were doing with the SLH website that I would pay the extra amount once I got to the hotel. They couldn't do that (which was fine but thought I'd ask) but they sent me a screen shot of the booking on their side and it is listed as WOH Best Rate not SLH which is part of the reason they could not do my request. It did not show elite status filled in so Hyatt is not sending that info over from the looks of it and hotels are correct when they say they can't see it.

Last edited by Airport Coffee; Oct 13, 21 at 10:19 am Reason: Reword
Old Oct 14, 21, 11:47 am

[QUOTE=Happy Traveling Consultant;31146503]Clearly, YMMV, but I've now stayed in two SLH hotels, one in Italy and one in Greece and can tell you that at both I was recognized and thanked for being a Hyatt Globalist, got upgraded rooms both times, free breakfast (anything off the menu, not continental), free wifi and a late checkout in Italy (didn't need/request that in Greece).

Which hotel in Italy?

Search this Thread