Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Nanfang Airline, China Southern - Earning Points on Delta

Old Jun 20, 09, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Hi, I recently purchased an airline ticket in China through a travel agent on Nanfang Airlines. When I type in "Nanfang Airlines" on Google, the first result that comes up is China Southern. Does this mean Nanfang Airlines is a subsidiary of China Southern? I do not read Chinese so I have not been able to find an answer to this. If so, since Delta and China Southern are both SkyTeam airlines, can I earn miles for the flight on my Delta account? Thanks for the help.
Old Jun 20, 09, 5:31 am

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bigcahonna View Post
Hi, I recently purchased an airline ticket in China through a travel agent on Nanfang Airlines. When I type in "Nanfang Airlines" on Google, the first result that comes up is China Southern. Does this mean Nanfang Airlines is a subsidiary of China Southern? I do not read Chinese so I have not been able to find an answer to this. If so, since Delta and China Southern are both SkyTeam airlines, can I earn miles for the flight on my Delta account? Thanks for the help.
Nanfang is the Chinese airline name for China Southern so you should be fine
Old Jun 24, 09, 4:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM CO PE OZ GE AMTRAK
some of the cheapest tickets do not earn 100% miles and/or EQM. Get your fare class code (i.e. X, V, K, L, etc.) and check with Delta.
Old Jun 26, 09, 8:29 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Asiana, Virgin, PC, HHonors, SPG, Marriott
Also, sometimes, Southern check in counters sometimes mess up on your mileage numbers and it takes months to get your miles credited to your Delta. So, as amtrak mentioned, you need to check if your code qualifies for mileage accrual (check delta website) and also, save your boarding pass and send in the fax or scan to Delta after your flight is done if your flight is a long one.
Old Jun 28, 09, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

It's been more than a week and my miles haven't been posted. Is there a way to claim my miles on Delta's website or do I have to call and then fax my ticket stub to them? If so, is there a China number I can do this through?
Old Jun 29, 09, 5:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It's been more than a week and my miles haven't been posted. Is there a way to claim my miles on Delta's website or do I have to call and then fax my ticket stub to them? If so, is there a China number I can do this through?
One week is short for partner credits and you'll almost certainly have to mail or fax in stubs. Here's the link to Delta's page on how to go about doing so. But normally they say 4-6 weeks for the credit to be considered missing before they process the requests.
Old Jun 29, 09, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
One week is short for partner credits and you'll almost certainly have to mail or fax in stubs. Here's the link to Delta's page on how to go about doing so. But normally they say 4-6 weeks for the credit to be considered missing before they process the requests.
Fax them, do not mail the boarding passes. Too easy for them to get lost, and then you have lost your proof.
Old Jul 13, 09, 7:39 pm

Programs: Delta DM CO PE OZ GE AMTRAK
are you in China? I usually just visit NWA/DELTA office in person, to make sure this matter gets handled. Sometimes they cannot do it there, but at least you get that person's business card so you can call back later.

I had some problems about earning Asiana miles on Air China flight, just visited Asiana office in Shanghai and it got fixed after a few days.