Best Chance of an Upgrade on DL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2009, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OnePass Gold Elite, WorldPerks Silver Elite, SkyMiles, Marriott Silver Elite

I'm flying from MCI to ATL next week. Unfortunately DL is my only non-stop option. I'm CO Gold Elite/SkyTeam Elite. I'm also NW Silver Elite, although it is complimentary and I have no actual NW miles. I have a standard SkyMiles account.

Do I have any chance of a free upgrade on DL using my CO or NW? If no, is there an advantage to using one over the other on DL?
Old Jun 8, 2009, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL DM,MM; AS; USeless Air, HHonors Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by kcbeersnob
I'm flying from MCI to ATL next week. Unfortunately DL is my only non-stop option. I'm CO Gold Elite/SkyTeam Elite. I'm also NW Silver Elite, although it is complimentary and I have no actual NW miles. I have a standard SkyMiles account.

Do I have any chance of a free upgrade on DL using my CO or NW? If no, is there an advantage to using one over the other on DL?

Welcome to FlyerTalk!
To answer your questions....CO will do you no good. I'd use the NW number but since I never fly MCI to ATL I couldn't tell you about upgrade chances. But at least you'll be earning miles toward your silver renewal and one extra year of history.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OnePass Gold Elite, WorldPerks Silver Elite, SkyMiles, Marriott Silver Elite
Thanks cbalaska. Sounds like I made the right choice. Too bad CO and NW are parting ways...they had a nice relationship.

Now I can't wait to see if TSA hauls me off to a secluded room and beats me because my booked name doesn't match my ID.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 6:48 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|HH Gold|DL Silver|ALL Silver|
I don't know if you still have time, but you could see if Delta will match your Continental status - they may well match you to Gold, which would give you the best chance for an upgrade.

Details can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...er-thread.html
Old Jun 8, 2009, 7:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Supersonic Swinger
I don't know if you still have time, but you could see if Delta will match your Continental status - they may well match you to Gold, which would give you the best chance for an upgrade.

Details can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...er-thread.html
No need to bother with this. DL will treat the OP's NW status the same as DL status for the purposes of upgrades. The CO status is worth nothing to DL but the NW status is since they are the same airline now.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

I linked my NW and DL accounts today, hoping they would merge and upgrade to the NW status. No go. Maybe that'll happen when the actually merge later this year.

Oddly, when I applied the NW account to my itinerary, it didn't seem to recognize my Elite status. It did recognize my CO Elite status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.