SkyTeam award on AZ... with DL Miles...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyTeam award on AZ... with DL Miles...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2008, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
So, if I was originally booked (with DL miles) on LHR-LAX and AF rebooked me on CDG-LAX, aren't I still entitled to LHR-CDG-LAX?

Once DL gets their head out of their @ss and actually updates their schedule to match the actual schedules, doesn't DL have this obligation to me?
Old Oct 24, 2008, 5:26 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Unhappy

Once the new schedules are loaded, you will be rebooked automatically with 99% probability.

Just start to relax...
Old Oct 24, 2008, 6:02 pm

schedule will change again for summer 09....
why you so worried 9 months in advance?
Old Oct 24, 2008, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by rcs85551
Once the new schedules are loaded, you will be rebooked automatically with 99% probability.

Just start to relax...
Just the fact that the others who have summer 2009 trips on the LHR-LAX flight have already had their schedules change and mine is just sitting there. That's what worries me.

Also, clearly DL has the new schedule in their system because they aren't showing the LHR-LAX flight as an option, even a "last seat available" option anymore when looking for miles tickets. So, the question is, why don't they update my itinerary?
Old Oct 24, 2008, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tpatta
I had a similar problen LAX-LHR-CDG in May 2009 2 Business award through DL on AF. AF has already changed it in their system, DL has changed one leg but not the other. Talked to Delta and they are clueless. Called AF and was told not to worry. I have confirmed seats LAX-CDG-LAX in THEIR system and Delta should catch up shortly. She indicated that they are working from the Nov. group onward and it may take time to reroute everyone and update Delta. If you have your Delta ticket number (not res. #) go to www.airfrance.us and enter ticket search "other criteria" then enter your ticket number(13 digits) and last name. You should see your new routing on their system and that's what matters. Good Luck.
Have you had DL catch up yet? They are still showing me on AF LHR-LAX...
Old Oct 24, 2008, 7:09 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by WBurcham
No.... ONT/SNA/LAX/ONT are considered co-terminals. Not LGB or SAN.
FWIW, this is not quite true. LAX and ONT are co-terminals, as are LAX and SNA (and LAX/BUR, which I presume you meant instead of ONT twice). SNA and ONT (and BUR), on the other hand, are not, at least according to DL's typical fare rules.

That said, co-terminals are only relevant for normal routing questions. Accommodating schedule changes is totally a different issue, and I recall reading somewhere that DL will typically approve a 100-mile radius as SOP. Personally, I've never had a problem switching SAN for LAX/SNA/ONT or vv.

That said, MikeyZBT, how many more questions can you possibly have about your award? I feel like we've all been kept up-to-date daily, especially through the long AZ saga. Maybe you can just start a consolidated thread so we have one convenient place to follow the drama?
Old Oct 25, 2008, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Erasmus
That said, MikeyZBT, how many more questions can you possibly have about your award? I feel like we've all been kept up-to-date daily, especially through the long AZ saga. Maybe you can just start a consolidated thread so we have one convenient place to follow the drama?
I am just trying to get to the bottom of why DL is changing others flights (after mine) and my DL itin still shows I am on AF 60 LHR-LAX in June 2009... the flight no longer exists! People that were on that flight in JULY have been rebooked...
Old Nov 4, 2008, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Just start to relax...
The new schedules are loaded for next summer on AF and DL doesn't have a clue. Any ideas on how I can actually get my itins to show up properly on DL.com?
Old Nov 4, 2008, 1:19 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
The new schedules are loaded for next summer on AF and DL doesn't have a clue. Any ideas on how I can actually get my itins to show up properly on DL.com?
You must be doing something wrong here. Or your many calls to Delta (like plastering multiple forums here with the same questions over and over again) have caused some agent to annotate the PNR that you are a notorious caller and that you were told to call back later. Since the new AF schedules have indeed made their way over to DL, such a note in the PNR might be moot but you politely need to insist that you are now calling because the schedules are indeed loaded.

That being said, odds are that the robot has already rebooked you on either DL via ATL or AF via CDG for the now permanently defunct LHR-LAX flight.

On a side note, before you work yourself up re: AZ - those schedules have not been loaded yet.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 10:02 am
Original Poster

You must be doing something wrong here. Or your many calls to Delta (like plastering multiple forums here with the same questions over and over again) have caused some agent to annotate the PNR that you are a notorious caller and that you were told to call back later. Since the new AF schedules have indeed made their way over to DL, such a note in the PNR might be moot but you politely need to insist that you are now calling because the schedules are indeed loaded.

That being said, odds are that the robot has already rebooked you on either DL via ATL or AF via CDG for the now permanently defunct LHR-LAX flight.

On a side note, before you work yourself up re: AZ - those schedules have not been loaded yet.
It's not "over and over and over" again. I was just asking if anyone knew of anything I could do since it had been another week that had gone by.

Jeez.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 8:00 am

It's not "over and over and over" again. I was just asking if anyone knew of anything I could do since it had been another week that had gone by.

Jeez.
It is over and over and over and over again.

We've got this thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...php?p=10631339) and this (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=874034) and this (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=875598) and this (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=879651) and kind of this (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=879923)
Old Nov 5, 2008, 10:14 am
Original Poster

How about you either contribute to this thread or stop commenting. No one asked you to give this kind of response.

Do you have an answer about my question or not? If not, then you can stay out.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 11:16 am

How about you either contribute to this thread or stop commenting. No one asked you to give this kind of response.

Do you have an answer about my question or not? If not, then you can stay out.
Well, you raised the issue despite the fact that you should know otherwise. neither the Delta forum nor the Alitalia forum are forums I moderate, so I am just here as a member - but I gotta say that I feel you are in no position to complain at all since your cross-posting in multiple threads and multiple forums is a Flyertalk TOS violation.

So no need to go after WBurcham at all IMHO.

That being said, let me repeat my suggestion:

Since your dealings with Delta were probably as intense as you plastering your questions all over Flyertalk, you did probably end up with at least one major annotation in your PNR that you were advised to give it some time until the schedules are loaded.

Now you might have to *politely* overcome this obstacle since the agent will look at the notes + simply not bother to check again, since the agent assumes you are an excessive/impatient caller.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Since your dealings with Delta were probably as intense as you plastering your questions all over Flyertalk,
Honestly, you have no idea how I handle myself over the telephone or in real life. Frankly, here I have been very polite as well. I only get upset when personally attacked.

So, I repeat, you have no idea how I dealt with DL, so it would make no sense that DL would "note" in the PNR that I am an intense caller.

Please stop making assumptions you have no right making about other people's character.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL GM
MikeyZBT,

Looks like Alitalia has been sold

Now will your LAX-FCO flight survive?????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.