Wiki Posts
Search

Award flight PRG-OGG or HNL, March 2009

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2008, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Award flight PRG-OGG or HNL, March 2009

Hello,
I´m looking for an award flight from Prague to Hawaii.
I have to attend a wedding on 30/03/2009 in Maui.
Can you check for me please the availability for this flights. Economy class.
Let say +-5 days before a weding and the same after.
I would like to stay in Maui for at least 5-7 days.
Thank you very much.
Stan
Old Jul 2, 2008, 6:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

We're a community, not a reservations service; we don't just process requests like that.

That being said, I'd suggest starting with the nwa.com Japan site and use the flight reward search available there. That will help you get an idea of what seats are avaialable. You'll also need to consider looking for gateway-gateway flights and then adding on the additional flights as you find seats, either via rewards or paid. I can find AMS-HNL on 3/23, for example, with an overnight in either LAX or IAH. You'd then need to figure out if KL or OK has a suitable flight to get you from PRG-AMS and you'd similarly need to see if HA has a flight to get you from HNL to OGG. To search for OK availability, use www.SeatCounter.com. The fare class you are looking for is E for a coach reward.

Give it a try yourself with some of this as guidance and let us know if you hit road blocks.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sbm12
We're a community, not a reservations service; we don't just process requests like that.
I second that shocking

some thoughts: flights to Hawaii are hard to get on award even from the US mainland, so Europe-Hawaii is exceptionally hard. You don't even tell us which program your miles are in
Consider: purchase a cheap PRG-NYC flight and use miles NYC-OGG. Book now to take advantage of CO being in ST. Split the award ticket PRG-STgateway and STgateway-OGG, this should give you some greater flexibility.
Check awards to HNL and purchase a cheap inter-island flight to OGG.
For any of this I'd call your airline to have them check availability. Most availability and flexibility will come with multiple airlines. The NWA and CO tools are quite useful.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
some thoughts: flights to Hawaii are hard to get on award even from the US mainland, so Europe-Hawaii is exceptionally hard.
<snip>
Most availability and flexibility will come with multiple airlines. The NWA and CO tools are quite useful.
The OP has one major advantage - they're willing to fly in Y. That should make it much easier to find availability, and it will also make the forced overnight(s) on the routing much more necessary to recover.

This will be a 3-4 airline mixed reservation. It will not be easy, but it should be possible with a minor amount of flexibility.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sbm12
The OP has one major advantage - they're willing to fly in Y. That should make it much easier to find availability, and it will also make the forced overnight(s) on the routing much more necessary to recover.

This will be a 3-4 airline mixed reservation. It will not be easy, but it should be possible with a minor amount of flexibility.
true, but still an issue to get this on one award tix. With FB I would probably try to get a 35k award NYC-HNL and buy a cheap revenue ticket to NYC ...
Old Jul 4, 2008, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
true, but still an issue to get this on one award tix. With FB I would probably try to get a 35k award NYC-HNL and buy a cheap revenue ticket to NYC ...
I forgot that Europe-Hawaii is 70K points instead of 50K. Still, I'd value the incremental points as ~$350-700, and getting from PRG-NYC at those prices may or may not actually be possible.

I found availability PRG-AMS-IAH-(LAX)-HNL on the 23rd-25th of March (forced overnights in AMS and IAH/LAX) flying on OK and then KL or CO. With KL the flight to LAX is a non-stop from AMS; the CO flight connects in IAH and you can choose to stop in IAH and catch the HNL flight from there in the morning or continue on to LAX and catch the HNL flight from there.

Returning on 2-4 April I see HNL-PDX-SEA-AMS-PRG (double red-eye) flying on NW/AS/NW/OK. Depending on the program the miles are in the AS flight might kill that one.

The seats are there and the routing is possible (though the OP will still have to do HNL-OGG on their own).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.