Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Korean Air points for other skyteam flights

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2008, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Korean Air points for other skyteam flights

I have a lot points on KA - wondering if/how I can transfer to say continental or delta???
Old Jun 22, 2008, 2:00 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
No need to transfer if all you want to do is book a flight. Tranfering miles tends to be convoluted and many miles are lost in the process, so unless you have a very specific reason to do this, it's not worth it.

Call Korean and ask to book reward flights on partner / SkyTeam airlines. Oh, and you have about a year or so to book flights on CO as they are jumping ship to *A (pending some approvals).

EmailKid
Old Jul 1, 2009, 3:50 pm

Programs: Sky Miles-Gold, Marriott Rewards-Silver
Same question, different reason

I too am also wondering if/how to transfer miles from KA Skypass to Delta? I have 70,000 miles on KA simply because previously I was flying business from IAD-HAN several times a year and was racking up a lot of miles. Then when I switched jobs and started flying other airlines (and going other places) I would use my skypass number instead since I had Morning Calm/Elite status. I do a lot of travel in my new job and it seems I have been flying a lot on DL, CO, and NWA and would prefer to have it all on my DL account now, which is about 23,000 at the moment since I haven't flown KA in about 2 years. Is it possible to do and worth it?
Old Jul 1, 2009, 5:04 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
You can't transfer it directly out of KA - http://www.insideflyer.com/tools/mileage_converter/

There may be options using sites like http://www.points.com/ but not sure they would end up as a 1 for 1 transfer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.