Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

CO codeshares changing: a sign of the times?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2009, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.

I can't find a newish thread on this, so here goes...

I heard a whie back that CO were axing their codeshares with DL/NW from July (haven't checked, though) but I recently checked out a CO GLA-NYC run and got an option (as well as the direct GLA-EWR) GLA-LHR-EWR with bmi. Used to get GLA-AMS-EWR with KL for short hop. Are CO shifting now towards their future *A partners?

CO codeshares for KL147x are still showing at GLA, though.

-- Henry
Old Aug 8, 2009, 12:22 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi YRH,

Indeed, codesharing for CO on DL/NW ended late July.

Now that the entry date for CO into * has been published (27 October), you will see more changes coming.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Aug 8, 2009, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Hmmm, I'm not sure shifting mini-hub from AMS to LHR is a positive step forward, other things aside.

CO have many hooks in Europe, so they can probably pick and choose codeshare partners to an extent.

--H
Old Aug 8, 2009, 2:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Henry III
Hmmm, I'm not sure shifting mini-hub from AMS to LHR is a positive step forward, other things aside.

CO have many hooks in Europe, so they can probably pick and choose codeshare partners to an extent.

--H
It isn't only switching to LHR. There will also likely be connections in BRU, FRA, HAM, ZRH and many other places where they meet up with *A traffic. That is going to be better in the long run for CO folks than only having CDG and AMS as connection points. And if you still want the AMS connection you've got KL available to use.

Plus, code-sharing is much less relevant these days. It used to be meaningful in terms of being able to ticket and manage multi-carrier itineraries. Now it is just another number listed on the schedule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.