Wiki Posts
Search

Best business product ATL-HKG

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2008, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Best business product ATL-HKG

Looking to go in May on Delta Miles--
which of the Business products do you consider the best and the ones to avoid!
THANKS FRANK
Old Jun 6, 2008, 4:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

ATL-EWR-HKG.

If cost and time are no object then ATL-CDG-HKG might be better with flat at an angle seats, but that is a personal preference issue.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 8:50 am
Original Poster

I assume you mean on AF--that is my first choice but cant get award seats until 10 months out--looking to get the best I can now and possible rebook later!
THANKS
Old Jun 7, 2008, 9:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by fb0075
I assume you mean on AF--that is my first choice but cant get award seats until 10 months out--looking to get the best I can now and possible rebook later!
THANKS
That is an AF routing. You should know that most US-based programs require travel to Asia to be on Pacific routings for rewards. So you're basically looking at ATL-ICN-HKG (DL/KE), ATL-NRT-HKG(DL/NW) or ATL-EWR-HKG (DL/CO) for the easiest routings. You can do it via CDG on AF for more miles, assuming you're willing to pay up for it.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks
Old Jun 8, 2008, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

KE and NW have at least some lieflat
Old Jun 9, 2008, 11:50 am

Programs: Onepass
Go with ATL-ICN-HKG on KE
Old Jun 9, 2008, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Thanks--but can I ask why?

Just off 767-300 and liked the seats--I believe that these are the same ones in 777--KE says that the atl-icn run has the older seats --I assume that these are the sleeper seats in prestige class--and doesnt appear to be as nice as the DELTA seats--this is a very hard decision because my wife needs the better seat because of her back but I would prefer to travel on Sunday which is KE only--

thanks for your opinions
Old Jun 9, 2008, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
The new KE seats are much better than CO and somewhat better than NW. I can't speak firsthand about the DL seats, but a lot of people complain that they are far too narrow.

If you don't want to risk the old seats on KE out of ATL then use JFK/IAD/SEA/SFO/LAX/LAS as a gateway. (If using LAX don't use flt 1/2, they are old seats)
Old Jun 14, 2008, 8:47 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by dvs7310
I can't speak firsthand about the DL seats, but a lot of people complain that they are far too narrow.
First of all, with all due respect to people who find the DL seats too narrow, I think those people tend to be a bit wide. I find those seats to be perfectly comfortable.

But it's all moot when you're talking about the flight to NRT, because DL's "narrow" Business Elite seats are on the 767 fleet (18.5" wide). To Asia you'll be on the 777, on which BE seats are 21" wide, no narrower than those on CO.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
First of all, with all due respect to people who find the DL seats too narrow, I think those people tend to be a bit wide. I find those seats to be perfectly comfortable.

But it's all moot when you're talking about the flight to NRT, because DL's "narrow" Business Elite seats are on the 767 fleet (18.5" wide). To Asia you'll be on the 777, on which BE seats are 21" wide, no narrower than those on CO.
Well I do agree that many people in this country are just too wide. I don't fit that category but even at a modest 6' I tend to find coach seats rather uncomfortable. In the case of DL's Biz seats, I wasn't aware it was only the 767 seats that were narrow (nearly as narrow as a coach seat). I've avoided all DL flights in biz in favor of NW, CO, and KE seats because I like the extra seat width to lay on my side while sleeping. (I would never be satisfied in a 18.5" wide seat in business class) Since nearly all of my own travel is to/from Asia I may give DL a second look knowing that the 777 has better seats that the ones that are commonly complained about.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by dvs7310
Well I do agree that many people in this country are just too wide. I don't fit that category but even at a modest 6' I tend to find coach seats rather uncomfortable. In the case of DL's Biz seats, I wasn't aware it was only the 767 seats that were narrow (nearly as narrow as a coach seat). I've avoided all DL flights in biz in favor of NW, CO, and KE seats because I like the extra seat width to lay on my side while sleeping. (I would never be satisfied in a 18.5" wide seat in business class) Since nearly all of my own travel is to/from Asia I may give DL a second look knowing that the 777 has better seats that the ones that are commonly complained about.
if you're always flying to asia, DL should be fine. definetely wider than the 767 seats. and you get 60" pitch as opposed to CO's 55. CO does claim to have 22" width on their 777's. a bit more than most others.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by dlen111
if you're always flying to asia, DL should be fine. definetely wider than the 767 seats. and you get 60" pitch as opposed to CO's 55. CO does claim to have 22" width on their 777's. a bit more than most others.
Actually I almost always fly NW or KE to Asia now. I really don't care for CO's seats since they haven't yet installed flat seats, but you're right, I won't be as timid to try DL at some point from ICN or NRT.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 12:45 pm

Programs: DELTA PM, CO Platinum, PLAT AMEX
I like SQ atl-lax-hkg
Old Jun 24, 2008, 9:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by fb0075
Looking to go in May on Delta Miles--
which of the Business products do you consider the best and the ones to avoid!
THANKS FRANK
If traveling on DL miles, take Korean Air via ICN. Check the schedules to make sure ATL will be getting the new style lie-flat J seats with AVOD, and enjoy the ride. It's a very good airline whose main distinction from the likes of CX/SQ/EK is that it does not have as powerful a marketing machine behind it to overhype its product offerings.

CO's BusinessFirst is nice but requires First Class mileage, and you won't be permitted to use Transatlantic routings on AF/KLM for your redemption booking.

BTW, if your plans allow, I would consider working in a visit to BKK on your trip. Don't forget that SkyTeam associate Kenya Airways operates a nicely decked-out 767 on HKG-BKK-HKG several times a week!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.