Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Aeroflot Bonus Gold with Russia Address = Elite Plus in US?

Old May 10, 08, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM (MM), SPG/Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, LH Never Ever Again!

I live in Russia and the US. My Delta Sky Miles Account is attached to my US address. My Aeroflot Bonus account to my Russian address.

I'm just about to requalify as PM with DL and am wondering if the rest of my ST travel this year should go towards SU Gold status. My specific question though is not directly connected to that though if you have suggestions fire away gently. I'm simply wondering if an Aeroflot Bonus Gold (their top tier) with a Russian address is afforded any bennies when traveling in the US on a ST ticket earning SU miles.

Hope that's relatively clear...
Old May 11, 08, 11:18 am

Programs: AA EXP; A3 Gold; Marriott LPP Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
As an Aeroflot Gold you are treated as ST Elite Plus worldwide, including the States. That means, access to lounges even when traveling domestically within the States (and, of course, internationally), as well as other ST Elite Plus benefits.
That said, many lounge dragons in NW WorldClubs are not even aware that SU is part of SkyTeam, although Aeroflot sign had been displayed by the door of their own lounges for a couple of years now. I had to convince a dragon in ORD WC to look up ST airline members, and she was surprised (!!!) when she saw that SU is indeed a member.
Old May 11, 08, 11:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by asnovici View Post
As an Aeroflot Gold you are treated as ST Elite Plus worldwide, including the States. That means, access to lounges even when traveling domestically within the States (and, of course, internationally), as well as other ST Elite Plus benefits.
Since when is this a ST E+ benefit? I know that it is a benefit for *A *G members (except US/UA *Gs), but I have never heard anything about ST E+ members getting lounge access on domestic flights in any country.

You should get access to the elite check-in line, security line and pre-boarding, but not much else in terms of tangible benefits for ST E+ on domestic US flights. You can also read this other thread that is active right now about a similar question.
Old May 11, 08, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
Since when is this a ST E+ benefit? I know that it is a benefit for *A *G members (except US/UA *Gs), but I have never heard anything about ST E+ members getting lounge access on domestic flights in any country.

You should get access to the elite check-in line, security line and pre-boarding, but not much else in terms of tangible benefits for ST E+ on domestic US flights. You can also read this other thread that is active right now about a similar question.
It's not a ST E+ benefit, but some airlines chose to give this to their Elite members. For example I get access to NW lounges on domestic itineraries, but nor CO/DL. Every airline has their own rules, also regarding contract lounges, which are in addition to published ST rules.
Old May 11, 08, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
It's not a ST E+ benefit, but some airlines chose to give this to their Elite members. For example I get access to NW lounges on domestic itineraries, but nor CO/DL. Every airline has their own rules, also regarding contract lounges, which are in addition to published ST rules.
I know that the programs can offer different things; CO offers a PC membership for their gold and platinum members in Europe. But the above post made it sound like SU Gold offers access to CO/DL/NW clubs on domestic US flights, and that is not the case - certainly not as a "ST E+" benefit.
Old May 13, 08, 6:37 pm

Programs: LH SEN
This is a published benefit of FB program. FB GE and PE passangers have access to NW clubs flying NW domestically; there is no such benefit when flying CO/DL for FB GE/PE or when flying NW for other ST E+ passangers (including NW own elites).
Old May 13, 08, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dakr View Post
This is a published benefit of FB program. FB GE and PE passangers have access to NW clubs flying NW domestically; there is no such benefit when flying CO/DL for FB GE/PE or when flying NW for other ST E+ passangers (including NW own elites).
this is exactly what I wrote ... why do you rephrase it?
Old May 13, 08, 8:50 pm

Programs: LH SEN
this is exactly what I wrote ... why do you rephrase it?
Sorry, I got a feeling from your post that you say NW will let any ST E+ to NW clubs on domestic flights. When reading again, I see you said you personally have access and did not claim it to be based on ST E+.
Old May 14, 08, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Theoretically, it's not a benefit. Practically, it's granted to E+ travelling anywhere apart from within the US (not totally sure about KE domestic).
I've had no issues using AF lounges when flying them domestically, and the same goes for Alitalia. I did have a problem with Air Europa, but it was more due to poor communication between their staff and less because of my lack of entitlement!
Old May 21, 08, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP; A3 Gold; Marriott LPP Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Practically, it is a benefit afforded to NON-US BASED ST+ members. SU Gold qualifies for that.
Old May 21, 08, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by asnovici View Post
Practically, it is a benefit afforded to NON-US BASED ST+ members. SU Gold qualifies for that.
Do you get a lounge membership or do just get access when flying? I know that European-based CO Golds and Platinums get a PC membership, for instance, but that is different than assuming that a SU Gold gets lounge access in the USA when flying on a domestic trip.
Old May 22, 08, 7:45 pm

Do you get a lounge membership or do just get access when flying? I know that European-based CO Golds and Platinums get a PC membership, for instance, but that is different than assuming that a SU Gold gets lounge access in the USA when flying on a domestic trip.
You just get access when flying.