Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Schedule change on a mixed Skyteam international award ticket

Old May 16, 2008, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM,1MM

I currently have an award ticket on DL connecting to AZ to MXP and then on from there on AZ to IST (JFK-MXP-IST). I'm waitlisted on the JFK-IST direct DL flight. Since booking the ticket, my layover time in MXP has increased to 6 hrs from 3 hrs, thus getting into IST much later.

In the past w/award tickets and schedule changes (misconnects or long layovers), DL has opened the waitlist and placed me on the flight (which they did last wknd for a domestic flight). Yet I was told they only do that if a DL flight changes, not another Skyteam airline (though they did confirm if AZ goes belly up, they'd reroute me then). Is that correct or should I call for another agent?

Interestingly, on the itinerary page, it shows the old flight times, but when you click on the actual flight numbers you get the new times (confirmed by going to the AZ website). I was told this will update, but its been over a month and no change on the "My Itineraries" page. I guess yet another DL.com glitch.

Any thoughts?
Old May 16, 2008, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by brazzleman
I currently have an award ticket on DL connecting to AZ to MXP and then on from there on AZ to IST (JFK-MXP-IST). I'm waitlisted on the JFK-IST direct DL flight. Since booking the ticket, my layover time in MXP has increased to 6 hrs from 3 hrs, thus getting into IST much later.

Any thoughts?
Since you still have a valid connection (too long in your eyes, not too short by qualified Minimum Connect Times), DL doesn't need to do anything. As you said, the demise of AZ would create a new obligation for DL.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.