Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Award ticket from Russia to Maldives: route??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2008, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Miles-and-More, Qatar Airways Qmiles, SU Bonus

Hello,
i see on Skyteam table, that award ticket from Russia to Maldives cost 50000 miles.
But if i right understand, none from Skyteam members not have flights to Maldives! So, if i need award ticket MOW-MLE - which route for fly?
Old Mar 31, 2008, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

no dice.
The entry on the table is probably a relic of some CMB/MLE flights that CSA used to do until a couple of years ago.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 8:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

There is no "SkyTeam Rewards Table;" each partner operates its own reward levels and charts. Which airline are you searching from? That specific airline might have a partner that serves MLE.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 8:54 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by sbm12
There is no "SkyTeam Rewards Table;" each partner operates its own reward levels and charts.
I believe the OP meant Aeroflot Bonus' multi-carrier award chart also referred to as Skyteam chart as that's what SU Bonus uses to detemine mielage requirements for awards on SkyTeam partners. If so, tough luck - thet FFP has no partners outside of the alliance

And welcome to Flyertalk, Beck^
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

apoivre
Yes, this is Aeroflot FFP. I rang many times to support center, but get only one reply: "Please call later"
Old Mar 31, 2008, 2:15 pm

There are often some very attractive combination flight + all-in resort packages available departing from Dusseldorf on LTU or Emirates.

You might want to just get to Dusseldorf on an award ticket and pay your way on a package to the Maldives from there. Can't say if this would be worthwhile above just flying on a package from Russia.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Klm is Dead - Long Live KLM
I think, better i take award ticket MOW-DXB and after DXB-MLE(Emirates for money)?
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Beck
Klm is Dead - Long Live KLM
I think, better i take award ticket MOW-DXB and after DXB-MLE(Emirates for money)?
Probably you are right. It depends on what you are going to do when you stay there and what kind of a deal you can get on accomodations. After the tsuanami I have seen deals ex-Dusseldorf of around 1000 euro for 7-10 days full board accomodation on nice islands including airfare, hotel and food. You also might be able to book flight inclusive deals ex-Dubai.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.