Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2008, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: none
Skyteam to Sri Lanka(CMB)

Subject: to CMB on Skyteam

Trying to get from either BKK to CMB
or SIN to CMB via Skyteam.
SIN to CMB its EK but I cannot the return on EK back to SIN.
I'am I missing something on airtimetable.com?
dbase
Old Apr 28, 2008, 1:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

There are currently no SkyTeam carriers that serve CMB. OK used to but they stopped a while back. You'll have to fly that segment on another airline.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
While you cannot get to CMB using SkyTeam, you can fly MH and dump the miles in NW or AFKL
Old Apr 28, 2008, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Skyteam to CMB

I think some Skyteam members have 9W as a partner airline; you could, for instance, redeem points on those carriers and get a 9W ticket ex BKK or SIN.

However, unless you transit in MAA only, that would necessitate an Indian visa perhaps ... so you may be better off simply buying a ticket, as others have suggested.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
The name slips my mind at the moment, but there is an LCC that serves CMB. I think they fly to BKK, not sure about SIN. They have a front cabin that looks like regional biz in Asia, but I think its marketed as premium economy. Both that and regular economy are quite cheap.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: none
thnks

Looks like I'll have to bite the bullet on this one
and maybe take Air Lanka
Old Apr 29, 2008, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dvs7310
The name slips my mind at the moment, but there is an LCC that serves CMB. I think they fly to BKK, not sure about SIN. They have a front cabin that looks like regional biz in Asia, but I think its marketed as premium economy. Both that and regular economy are quite cheap.
MJ- Mihin Lanka. They've stopped the BKK route, but still do SIN. Apart from lounges and miles, they're essentially full service (free food and soft drinks, free baggage). A lot cheaper than anyone else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.