flyLAL may join Skyteam

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

flyLAL may join Skyteam

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2008, 10:48 am
Suspended

Why is this thread posted in the DL forum? Would the Skyteam forum not be more suitable?
Old Mar 11, 2008, 11:53 am

Programs: UAL Gold DL Silver Hilton GoldMarriott Gold
Fellows how could you miss these big former SSR's someone is going to grab them so ST better hurry up:
Azerbaijan Airlines
http://azal.az/en/index.php
Georgian Airways
http://www.airzena.com/

And Tbilisi is the natural hub to take on EK
Old Mar 11, 2008, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Why is this thread posted in the DL forum? Would the Skyteam forum not be more suitable?
No, they wants to kept the original thread onto DL forums. I don't think the original thread will not able moved to Skyteam forums. Thanks for your understands to me.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 4:34 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, 2 MM
Fly LAL??? Lithuania? What the heck is going on? First we get stuck with Aeroflot and now LAL? I hope Albania doesn't have an airline or that will be the next one on SkyTeam's list .
Old Mar 11, 2008, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jaimemayo
Fly LAL??? Lithuania? What the heck is going on? First we get stuck with Aeroflot and now LAL? I hope Albania doesn't have an airline or that will be the next one on SkyTeam's list .
Yes, it's possibility which airlines will even joined the skyteam associate member. I'm sure its doesn't have suitable with ST associate member. Its should be more reasonable with ST alliance.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by jaimemayo
Albanian Airlines http://www.albanianairlines.com.al/
Old Mar 11, 2008, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
It's certainly easier to build a cartel than an excellent model of efficiency and customer service. One has to wonder just how many new destinations flyLAL would bring to SkyTeam. I'm not expecting ATL-Vilnius daily any time soon.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
It's certainly easier to build a cartel than an excellent model of efficiency and customer service. One has to wonder just how many new destinations flyLAL would bring to SkyTeam. I'm not expecting ATL-Vilnius daily any time soon.
True, I would think 6 times a week would be enough?
Old Mar 11, 2008, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Not neccessary DL will considered more new routes from ATL-VNO anytime soon. Its not possible for which specific new routes either JFK or ATL.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 6:39 pm

Programs: Recovering Delta SkyMiles Addict--Now Gold with AAdvantage
I was lurking over on the Uzbeki forum the other day, and they seem to be of a consensus that they would prefer hooking up with an American partner with better 'saver' redemption possibilities. They did praise the DL FAs, however.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 8:56 pm

airBaltic is in the SAS (Star) camp
Old Mar 11, 2008, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jiml1126
airBaltic is in the SAS (Star) camp
Air Baltic is a far cry from FlyLAL or Aeroflot...

I think Belavia is yet to join an alliance....

http://www.belavia.by/index_en.htm

What could be better than a hub in MSQ?
Old Mar 12, 2008, 2:59 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
It is and as I already pointed out earlier in this thread, another (older) thread on the exact same topic exists there:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=798409
Old Mar 12, 2008, 3:03 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
I am surprised by the amount of negative comments in this thread. I doubt many of you have even heard of flyLAL, much less flown on the carrier.

In any case, my question is even simpler: what do you care if SkyTeam adds airlines you do not like? You simply choose not to fly on them. As has been demonstrated many times on FT, different people have different preferences, right? Even within the USA, you can find "die-hard" DL fans who never fly CO or NW and v.v. What's the fuss?! If SkyTeam can add more options for travellers then so be it - nobody's forcing you to fly them.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by nomad1974
I am surprised by the amount of negative comments in this thread. I doubt many of you have even heard of flyLAL, much less flown on the carrier.

In any case, my question is even simpler: what do you care if SkyTeam adds airlines you do not like? You simply choose not to fly on them. As has been demonstrated many times on FT, different people have different preferences, right? Even within the USA, you can find "die-hard" DL fans who never fly CO or NW and v.v. What's the fuss?! If SkyTeam can add more options for travellers then so be it - nobody's forcing you to fly them.
I think a lot of people here forget that Skyteam wasn't just formed to help US-based travelers. While few of us in this particular forum will find the addition of flyLAL helpful, I'm sure there are plenty of Aeroflot members who will be quite happy with this addition. As much as we like to think so, the world doesn't COMPLETELY revolve around the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.