Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Transatlantic DL (T class), which FFP?

Old Mar 8, 08, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF, UA, DL, AB

I have an upcoming transatlantic flight with DL (economy T class) and this will be my first longhaul Skyteam flight (being quite loyal a oneworld customer). I am currently not a member of any ST FFP and would like to know which would be the best program to join, considering that:
- I do not plan to travel much on ST afterwards, therefore no exipiration of miles would be a strong plus (or alternatively no expiration with activity every 24-36 months);
- family transfers would be very attractive (some family members are traveling with me on this trip).

I thank everybody in advance.
Take care
Old Mar 8, 08, 9:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I belive that only KE has a decent family program; all the others charge quite a bit for the luxury of moving the miles between accounts. As for the T credit, if you're just looking to bank the RDMs, AS might be the best program. They do have an expiration (only CO doesn't, AFAIK) but it isn't that hard to keep some activity with them every now and then thanks to their rather broad collection of partners, both airline and other.
Old Mar 8, 08, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM
NW and DL are also easy to keep active. I think DL has a shorter period for activity in the account to keep it active than NW, but don't hold me to that... both will credit both 100% eqm and rdms on your T fare. Who knows, you may end up on skyteam carriers again this year...
Old Mar 12, 08, 6:01 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, American Gold, Priority Club Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, National Exec Elite
NW miles have no expiration date. Of course, that can change when something happens to change the rules (like, perhaps, a merger).