Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I combine mileages from NW and CO?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2008, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Can I combine mileages from NW and CO?

I have certain amount of miles accumulated with both airlines, since they are both of SkyTeam, is it possible to combine the miles and use them for rewards?
Old Mar 12, 2008, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Not that I am aware of.

You can credit the miles to one account, even when you fly the other airline. But once the miles are in an account, I don't think you can combine them for awards.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

you mean I should credit my miles to on account? like say, flying delta, and credit the miles to northwest account? (both delta and NW are of skyteam)

is it possible?
Old Mar 12, 2008, 3:22 pm
cpx

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by alexkong
you mean I should credit my miles to on account? like say, flying delta, and credit the miles to northwest account? (both delta and NW are of skyteam)

is it possible?
Yes. You can fly any Skyteam Airline and have the miles credited to your
NW account.

Just use your NW FF account when your book the ticket.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 3:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Depending on your reasons for wanting to combine the miles there may be a workaround. If you have enough miles in each account to redeem for an award and are trying to get two seats you should be able to book both seats on the same flights using the two different accounts. Say you want to fly from JFK-LAS. If Delta has 2 seats available you can redeem one using your NW miles and one using your DL miles, both on the same DL flight. Of course, if you have 10K in one account and 15K in the other and are trying to combine them for a booking that won't work out.

And going forward you should pick one carrier within the alliance and credit everything to them. That will help out in the future.

Finally, if the rumored NW/DL merger ever goes through your accounts will likely end up merged, but with the way the pilots are playing that will take a while.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

so you mean, while I check in at Delta counter, I can use my NW FF number to credit my miles?
Old Mar 12, 2008, 5:57 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, American Gold, Priority Club Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by alexkong
so you mean, while I check in at Delta counter, I can use my NW FF number to credit my miles?
exactly. Any Skyteam airline plus a few more like Alaska will credit to your NW account. Beware, each airline has it's own rules for what credit you will get. For example, Delta flights don't give you elite qualifying segments, and many CO flights are 50% elite qualifying miles for cheap fares. Check out the NW website for the rules and airlines.

http://www.nwa.com/worldperks/earn/airfl.shtml

Usually the best advice is to pick one FF program per alliance and pile your miles into it. Which program to choose depends on your home airport and what you value (upgrades on your typical flights, dream destinations, award availability, etc...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.