FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SkyTeam (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/skyteam-412/)
-   -   Best CO Partner to Singapore (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/skyteam/797207-best-co-partner-singapore.html)

geekfactory Mar 3, 2008 8:11 am

Best CO Partner to Singapore

Good morning all. Just posting for curiosity - I have to fly to Singapore in May. Was going to do my usual Korean Air via Seoul in Business Class.

Wondering if there are any other options that will also get me CO miles - Other airlines I haven't tried yet - I know what ones go there, I'm wondering if there are any recommendations from experience.

Thanks.

yauponaustin Mar 3, 2008 9:34 am

I flew EVA as CO codeshare through TPE 2 yrs ago and thought it was nice. I dont know if they have the new business seats though. I think thats pretty much it if u dont want to fly KE again. NW with the new A330s is ok.

Ocn Vw 1K Mar 3, 2008 9:54 am

Please follow the discussion in our Skyteam alliance forum for more focused assistance. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.

MarqFlyer Mar 3, 2008 9:55 am

I did NW to SIN about a year ago, and it was fine. The plane for the NRT-SIN leg was a new A330; options for getting to NRT include some A330s from the west coast, or a 744 from MSP or DTW.

The connection in NRT is quite easy. Don't know how it compares to the KE connection in Seoul, but it was one of the more painless connections I've had in quite a while.

Mabuk dan gila Mar 3, 2008 10:38 am

EVA is not Skyteam but the miles certainly count on CO. I'd guess KE has a slightly better C product, but BR is certainly cheaper and the new 777's and A330's are quite nice. From LAX and EWR they now fly the 777's exclusively. From SFO they still fly some of the 747's with old style seats you would want to avoid.

dvs7310 Mar 3, 2008 9:30 pm

If you do BR then you will earn EQMs and RDMs both if its the CO codeshare to TPE. From TPE you will only earn RDMs, no status miles. Elite bonus are only earned on the CO codshares to TPE also. Class of service bonuses are the same as NW and KE.

If it were me I'd stick with KE 1st and NW 2nd. KE gets 2 segment credits on biz fares while NW only gets 1. Elite and COS bonuses are the same on both. Worth noting though is KE uses a 773 on ICN-SIN (old biz seats) while NW has new biz seats on both the 330 and 747s used in Asia.

EWR ATC Hold Mar 5, 2008 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by geekfactory (Post 9349167)
Good morning all. Just posting for curiosity - I have to fly to Singapore in May. Was going to do my usual Korean Air via Seoul in Business Class.

Wondering if there are any other options that will also get me CO miles - Other airlines I haven't tried yet - I know what ones go there, I'm wondering if there are any recommendations from experience.

Thanks.

You can fly EWR to NRT on CO and then connect to NW to SIN. The only downside to this is I think the layover in NRT is almost 6 hours (I could be wrong though). I've done this flight before-it leaves midday on Sunday (for illustration), arrives SIN around eleven pm/midnight monday night just in time for a quick rest. EWR to NRT is a 777 and NRT to SIN is a 330.