Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uzbekistan Airways wants to join SkyTeam as Associate Member

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2008, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Uzbekistan Airways wants to join SkyTeam as Associate Member

Looks like the loss of partners such as Virgin Atlantic and El Al is being made up by new partners.

Korean Air also will help Uzbekistan Airways get an associate membership in SkyTeam, an alliance of 14 international airlines which was formed in June 2000 with four initial members - Delta Air Lines, Korean Air, Aeromexico and Air France, the company said.
http://au.biz.yahoo.com/080225/17/1me8p.html
Old Feb 27, 2008, 6:29 pm

Programs: DL FC, NW
This could be another RTW possibility traveling on KE from Asia to Uzbekistan and then on to a lot of different cities as well as some usual ones.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 6:50 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794392
Old Feb 27, 2008, 7:46 pm

Location: Atlanta, GA - AirTran Elite #1 FF * Delta Diamond Medallion * Starwood Platinum * PriorityClub Gold * Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Looks like the loss of partners such as Virgin Atlantic and El Al is being made up by new partners.

http://au.biz.yahoo.com/080225/17/1me8p.html
I can't wait to fly to all of my favorite Uzbekistan destinations on Uzbekistan Airways. Soon Kazakhstan Airways will join SkyTeam and the alliance will be complete with non-stop service from Kazakhstan to Uzbekistan and Nowhereistan!
Old Feb 27, 2008, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JoeFlyer
I can't wait to fly to all of my favorite Uzbekistan destinations on Uzbekistan Airways. Soon Kazakhstan Airways will join SkyTeam and the alliance will be complete with non-stop service from Kazakhstan to Uzbekistan and Nowhereistan!

I'm a bit suspicious of Uzbekistan Airways joining Skyteam but, truth be told, fares to these destinations are often quite extortionate, and it's good to be able to use one's miles for flights that just can't be bought cheaply. Beats Air Europa to Málaga.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:01 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Maybe you'll go to my old stomping grounds...

Karshi-Kanabad, Uzbeckistan
Old Feb 29, 2008, 6:29 am

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamon
Originally Posted by hc130radio
Maybe you'll go to my old stomping grounds...

Karshi-Kanabad, Uzbeckistan
Top-Secret CIA prison location?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.