Wiki Posts
Search

Experiences flying on SU's IL-96-300

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2008, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold
Experiences flying on SU's IL-96-300

I am flying JFK to DEL via SFO on SU in Y. Unfortunately Seatguru does not have any info on SU. I know from reading through this forum that it is a tough call to pick a seat in advance on the 767 for the JFK to SVO leg since there are 4 configurations.

Just curious to see if anyone has any tips for flying on a IL-96-300? Seems to be similar to a 767.

Last edited by ghia74; Jan 20, 2008 at 8:12 pm Reason: corrected abbreviation
Old Jan 20, 2008, 7:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

No useful experience, other than that Aeroflot is SU, not SV.

SeatExpert has some of the 767 maps but none of the IL-96s.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by ghia74
I am flying JFK to DEL via SFO on SU in Y. Unfortunately Seatguru does not have any info on SU. I know from reading through this forum that it is a tough call to pick a seat in advance on the 767 for the JFK to SVO leg since there are 4 configurations.

Just curious to see if anyone has any tips for flying on a IL-96-300? Seems to be similar to a 767.
Recline is insane on those planes. I highly recommend that you pick last few rows (2 - 2 or 2 3 2 seating vice 3 3 3).

Bulkhead row has pretty nice amount of legroom (think US domestic first).

Oh, and don't worry about shaking and rattling. It will go away once you're airborne. Biggest portholes I've ever seen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.